Re: Pratt Truss Bridge Final Multiples

  • Chris Kaminski
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1, 2006
      > I'm not sure how to
      > order yet, but when the viaduct comes out I'll order at least one of
      > each. Cheers, Jim CCRR
      Jim, just go to the "shop" link and place your orders - they accept
      visa credit cards
      Chris
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 1, 2006
        Plus the more area the etch has to eat up the quicker the etch gets
        used up. If you fill in the areas with "something" it would actually
        be cheaper to have etched since it would use less etchant. Of coarse
        this would depend on who is doing the etching and if they take these
        sort of things into consideration.

        Chris

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@...> wrote:

        > Here's a proposal...
        >
        > If the cost the metal is what's driving the price, and there will
        be
        > lots of open spaces that get discardrd, then why not pack all the
        open
        > spaces with details that increase the value of the kit?
        >
        > What kind of details would I propose to fill all those triangular
        > cutouts? Well since it is thicker material there are still things
        that
        > can be made. How about assorted ladders, fold in half cows,
        buffalo,
        > horses, those fence things with the grate bars that prevent the
        cows
        > from walking down the road because their hoof gets stuck, railroad
        > crossing crossbucks, twist armature-polly fiber-and flock mesquite
        > trees, you know, that sort of filler to fill in those wasted
        triangles
        > with loads of value and details.
        >
        > Then, instead of just buying a bridge for the $155, you would
        really
        > be buying a complete scene to help ease the sticker shock. No more
        > cost to you other than a few more drawings initially that can be
        used
        > on all 3 of the bridge designs, and on any other project with
        wasted
        > material space.
        >
        > -Robert

      • Allan Borg
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 2, 2006
          That doesn't necessarily follow, because if you etch like I do with
          my roofwalks, I leave an area covered up in the center void area
          with some pointed tabs that attach to the unetched portion of the
          walkway. when I finish etching I just cut the center out and throw
          it away. I also make an outer ring that attaches to the outside and
          joins the next frame to the next one and so on.
          Allan Borg