Re: [z_scale] Web Site & SW9!!

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
      At 6/1/01 05:38 AM, you wrote:
      >Hello Jeff and List
      >My little switcher came out of a thread on this list and some who said it
      >could not be done. The shell and walk ways are cast resin. The side frames
      >are cast metal and the motor is 8mm single shaft using a worm gear. It is a
      >single truck drive. The trucks are modified Micro Trains with resin cast
      >side frames. Yes it runs it pulls four cars with no problem. I'm hoping
      >maybe someone with more skill than myself might want to take it a little
      >farther.
      >
      >Have a Great Day
      >Billy Roden

      That's what we get for saying it couldn't be done :-)

      Your engineering solution seems about right. I knew an 8mm motor
      would fit, but I was trying to figure out a way to power both trucks
      AND include a flywheel. That's a nice piece of work. Now, I need to
      get back to the drive-train design :-)

      BTW, that would make a great article for Z-Track.

      Scott Whitmire
      If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
      programming must be the process of putting them in.