Re: [z_scale] Gear Issue

  • Scott A. Whitmire
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
      At 6/1/01 07:14 AM, you wrote:
      >If I had to guess, it almost seems as if the hole the kingpin goes through
      >wasn't made quit right at the factory. It's off just enough to cause
      >this problem.
      >
      >Does this sound possible?
      >
      >John

      Of course it's possible. You don't have many options for fixing it. You could
      fill the hole with putty and drill a new one, but that wouldn't be very strong.
      Your best bet is a new truck.

      With the tolerances as tight as they are in these things, it's a wonder it
      doesn't happen more often.

      Scott Whitmire
      If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
      programming must be the process of putting them in.