Re: [z_scale] Web Site & SW9!!

  • John Jabour
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
      Billy
      I'm currently designing a switcher like yours. I have a GP38
      chassis that I built from scratch and I'm in the process of shorteneing
      to a switcher size. Any chance you can take some close up
      pictures of it or give me any more details or let me take it a step further?
      I don't think the chassis will be the hard part, the shell will.
      John
      jjabour@...
    • Scott A. Whitmire
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2001
        At 6/1/01 05:38 AM, you wrote:
        >Hello Jeff and List
        >My little switcher came out of a thread on this list and some who said it
        >could not be done. The shell and walk ways are cast resin. The side frames
        >are cast metal and the motor is 8mm single shaft using a worm gear. It is a
        >single truck drive. The trucks are modified Micro Trains with resin cast
        >side frames. Yes it runs it pulls four cars with no problem. I'm hoping
        >maybe someone with more skill than myself might want to take it a little
        >farther.
        >
        >Have a Great Day
        >Billy Roden

        That's what we get for saying it couldn't be done :-)

        Your engineering solution seems about right. I knew an 8mm motor
        would fit, but I was trying to figure out a way to power both trucks
        AND include a flywheel. That's a nice piece of work. Now, I need to
        get back to the drive-train design :-)

        BTW, that would make a great article for Z-Track.

        Scott Whitmire
        If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
        programming must be the process of putting them in.