Re: Gear Issue

  • jcubbin@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
      Ok,

      I just did a swapping of the gears, and it appears to be the truck itself. On the 88571 the truck is plastic. At this point, I really do believe
      that somehow, perhaps as it was cooling after manufacturing, it developed a slight bend to it? Not much of a guess but the gears and
      pins all seem sound.

      Since the gears function well in the other truck.....

      I've had an really lousy bit of luck lately with gears! Still waiting for my 88861 gears as well.

      John
    • Scott A. Whitmire
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2001
        At 6/1/01 07:14 AM, you wrote:
        >If I had to guess, it almost seems as if the hole the kingpin goes through
        >wasn't made quit right at the factory. It's off just enough to cause
        >this problem.
        >
        >Does this sound possible?
        >
        >John

        Of course it's possible. You don't have many options for fixing it. You could
        fill the hole with putty and drill a new one, but that wouldn't be very strong.
        Your best bet is a new truck.

        With the tolerances as tight as they are in these things, it's a wonder it
        doesn't happen more often.

        Scott Whitmire
        If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
        programming must be the process of putting them in.