US Army Cars Circa WWII?

  • FR.model@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2001
      jcubbin@... schrieb:
      > I had read the other day where right after the Normandy invasion, the support
      > from the rails was invaluable in pushing across Europe for
      > the Allies. I recall reading that many US Army cars were actually shipped to
      > Europe during this time. I'm thinking of adding a few US
      > Army cars to my layout and was wondering what's available. I've came across
      > this Micro-Trains model:

      Yes, the US- armee has shipped several types of freight cars to Europe during
      WWII. Especially tank cars for fuel and flat cars to carry tanks and other
      military equipment were used. After WWII these cars were used in Germany
      especially in the western part ( DB ). These cars were in service for a long
      period. The DB also modernized and rebuilt these cars. Have a look at the
      attachment files. These cars ( class Rklmm-tu and Ealmo ) have been former
      american cars.
      One problem. For operation in Europe these cars were equiped with european pull
      and push equipment. I think it is not easy to assemble the buffers at a
      MICROTRAINS model. The Marklin type coupler shank at MICROTRAINS is at the same
      hight as the end sills :-((

      Harald Freudenreich