Re: 60' tank car project

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Malcolm, if I am not mistaken, the Searails Whalebelly tank car was
      the special 60' tank car project that John Bartolotto had set up.
      But, I could be wrong. John, you out there?

      Hobo Tim

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...>
      wrote:

      > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got bounced) and the list,
      >
      > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works? With Uncle
      Will's
      > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the ribside boxcars and
      PS-2s
      > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last modern cars we
      need,
      > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
      >
      > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com> was planning
      on
      > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give us the status
      on that
      > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have bazillions of
      $$$$$$$$$).

      > CheerZ,
      > -- Malcolm Z

    • Tom Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        Don't know about the KIT, but his RTR tankers are in
        the mail according to an email from him in the past
        3-8 days (I forget exactly when it was sent).

        --- Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:

        > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got
        > bounced) and the list,
        >
        > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works?
        > With Uncle Will's
        > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the
        > ribside boxcars and PS-2s
        > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last
        > modern cars we need,
        > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
        >
        > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com>
        > was planning on
        > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give
        > us the status on that
        > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have
        > bazillions of $$$$$$$$$).
        >
        > CheerZ,
        > -- Malcolm Z

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • SEARAILS
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Malcolm and Tim;

          At the Nurnberg show in Feb., John and I had originally discussed a modern 60' liquid tanker. The current Whalebelly LPG and transition era 3-dome project are being developed by listening to additional discussions from the Z list and Trainboard.

          Jim

        • John & Sue Bartolotto
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Gentlemen,

            I believe so but this is not my project or product. You will have to
            contact SEARAILS owner Jim Shiff about this. I do know that the initial
            response when this project was announce was very strong "yes we would like
            this".

            My direct email is js bart @ pjsnet 1 . de (eliminate the spaces)

            John

            _____

            Don't know about the KIT, but his RTR tankers are in
            the mail according to an email from him in the past
            3-8 days (I forget exactly when it was sent).

            --- Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:

            > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got
            > bounced) and the list,
            >
            > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works?
            > With Uncle Will's
            > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the
            > ribside boxcars and PS-2s
            > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last
            > modern cars we need,
            > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
            >
            > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com>
            > was planning on
            > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give
            > us the status on that
            > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have
            > bazillions of $$$$$$$$$).
            >
            > CheerZ,
            > -- Malcolm Z

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
            +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=Zlt8sp9fYZDuXjbtkjK6nA>
            scale model train

            Ho
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+t
            rain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=
            Z+scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=eeoGyrVXVs5apPOHQEkPNQ>
            scale model train

            Model
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+tr
            ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
            +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=1e6uh1TSKQjCXOutogMMLQ>
            train n scale

            Scale
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+trai
            n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+s
            cale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=SZKWV48Tx00dpllYJ-uClA>
            model train

            ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
            +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=yTxEpaNBTVy8B6py7EwD1Q>
            scale model train

            =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale
            +model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=9a4F1sCfX0hwtzEN_Gwm7A> scale
            train

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            on the web.

            _____

          • SEARAILS
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              John,
              Thanks for the additional explanation.
              I have previously posted a response, and should make it clear in this email to the list that this project is a SEARAILS project.
              Jim