60' tank car project

  • Malcolm Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got bounced) and the list,

      Is the 60' tank car project still in the works? With Uncle Will's
      covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the ribside boxcars and PS-2s
      from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last modern cars we need,
      aside from some exotics like coil cars.

      Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com> was planning on
      releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give us the status on that
      offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have bazillions of $$$$$$$$$).

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z
    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        Malcolm, if I am not mistaken, the Searails Whalebelly tank car was
        the special 60' tank car project that John Bartolotto had set up.
        But, I could be wrong. John, you out there?

        Hobo Tim

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...>
        wrote:

        > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got bounced) and the list,
        >
        > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works? With Uncle
        Will's
        > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the ribside boxcars and
        PS-2s
        > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last modern cars we
        need,
        > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
        >
        > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com> was planning
        on
        > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give us the status
        on that
        > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have bazillions of
        $$$$$$$$$).

        > CheerZ,
        > -- Malcolm Z

      • Tom Fisher
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          Don't know about the KIT, but his RTR tankers are in
          the mail according to an email from him in the past
          3-8 days (I forget exactly when it was sent).

          --- Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:

          > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got
          > bounced) and the list,
          >
          > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works?
          > With Uncle Will's
          > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the
          > ribside boxcars and PS-2s
          > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last
          > modern cars we need,
          > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
          >
          > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com>
          > was planning on
          > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give
          > us the status on that
          > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have
          > bazillions of $$$$$$$$$).
          >
          > CheerZ,
          > -- Malcolm Z

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • SEARAILS
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Malcolm and Tim;

            At the Nurnberg show in Feb., John and I had originally discussed a modern 60' liquid tanker. The current Whalebelly LPG and transition era 3-dome project are being developed by listening to additional discussions from the Z list and Trainboard.

            Jim

          • John & Sue Bartolotto
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              Gentlemen,

              I believe so but this is not my project or product. You will have to
              contact SEARAILS owner Jim Shiff about this. I do know that the initial
              response when this project was announce was very strong "yes we would like
              this".

              My direct email is js bart @ pjsnet 1 . de (eliminate the spaces)

              John

              _____

              Don't know about the KIT, but his RTR tankers are in
              the mail according to an email from him in the past
              3-8 days (I forget exactly when it was sent).

              --- Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:

              > To John Bartolotto (tried direct e-mail, got
              > bounced) and the list,
              >
              > Is the 60' tank car project still in the works?
              > With Uncle Will's
              > covered hoppers and the AZL autoracks and the
              > ribside boxcars and PS-2s
              > from MTL coming out soon, this is one of the last
              > modern cars we need,
              > aside from some exotics like coil cars.
              >
              > Also, I believe 3RWorks <http://www.3rworks.com>
              > was planning on
              > releasing a modern tanker kit. Maybe Kurt will give
              > us the status on that
              > offering. Great time to be in Z (if you have
              > bazillions of $$$$$$$$$).
              >
              > CheerZ,
              > -- Malcolm Z

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
              +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=Zlt8sp9fYZDuXjbtkjK6nA>
              scale model train

              Ho
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+t
              rain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=
              Z+scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=eeoGyrVXVs5apPOHQEkPNQ>
              scale model train

              Model
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+tr
              ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
              +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=1e6uh1TSKQjCXOutogMMLQ>
              train n scale

              Scale
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+trai
              n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+s
              cale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=SZKWV48Tx00dpllYJ-uClA>
              model train

              ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
              +scale+model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=yTxEpaNBTVy8B6py7EwD1Q>
              scale model train

              =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale
              +model+train&w6=G+scale+train&c=6&s=143&.sig=9a4F1sCfX0hwtzEN_Gwm7A> scale
              train

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              on the web.

              _____

            • SEARAILS
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
                John,
                Thanks for the additional explanation.
                I have previously posted a response, and should make it clear in this email to the list that this project is a SEARAILS project.
                Jim