ETE EuroEast & EuroWest Train Shows

  • soyboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1 12:03 PM
      I belong to an organization called European Train Enthusiasts

      http://www.ete.org

      for a few years now. Anually they have 2 train shows, EuroEast & EuroWest.

      I was wondering if any z-scalers had planned on attending this year? It might be
      a good opportunity to show off european z scale trains. Last year at EuroWest no z
      scale layouts were shown. however the Marklin Rep/Booth was there and had some z
      scale. That exposure became my inspiration to dive into z scale finally!

      I thought this might be a good oportunity for a individual, group or module club
      to set up a layout, show trains etc. I am hoping to at least bring a diorama or small
      layout depending on how much I build till then. I think the crowds will enjoy it. The
      shows get larger each year and I think this is the perfect place for z scale.

      EuroWest 2006 will be held in the Bay Area (San Carlos) CA on August 19-20, 2006.
      EuroEast 2006 will be held in Marietta, PA on August 4-6, 2006.

      http://www.ete.org

      is the website w/ more info. There is also a yahoo group for ETE.
    • Robert Ray
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1 4:35 PM
        There are a few Z Scalers who have European trains, myself included.
        Right now there are a couple guys building Z-Bend Track modules with a
        European theme here in the SF Bay Area, and we hope to connect up
        modules.

        The Bay Area Z Scale Module Cooperative, or "BAZ BoyZ" modules can go
        either way, European or US prototype, by just running US or European
        trains.

        So for I have not joined ETE, but since the GATS went under, I just
        might do it so I can run trains more. :) Some of our club members are
        members of ETE, but we have yet to been invited to bring our modules.

        -Robert Ray
      • Joe Krepps
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3 9:55 AM
          > So for I have not joined ETE, but since the GATS went under, I just
          > might do it so I can run trains more. :) Some of our club members are
          > members of ETE, but we have yet to been invited to bring our modules.
          >
          > -Robert Ray

          Finding Z-scale modelers is tough. Finding Z-scale modelers who run
          European trains is harder!

          Randy Smidt of the DC Z-Bend group can tell you we (Keystone
          Chapter-ETE/EuroEast) are more than happy to have his group attend.
          Though we have had people travel as far away as Washington state to
          come to Pennsylvania for EuroEast, generally we focus on East Coast
          modelers. If we could find a corporate sponsor for Rob Allbritton's
          3-semi trailer load, Gotthard extravaganza, we would!

          Robert, you're VERY welcome to visit us at EuroEast, modules or not! :)

          Hopefully...Marklin will make a greater effort at promoting Z-scale
          beyond keeping them safely in their boxes on a stark white table.
          (Don't get me started!)

          "One of these days", we at the Keystone Chapter will build Z-scale
          modules. We've got 17 HO modules running. I suspect N-scale might be
          next but a grassfire of enthusiasm for Z-scale could sway that.

          mfg,
          Joe Krepps <-European N-scale, Z-scale & O-scale/meter gauge "Om"
          Secretary, Keystone Chapter/ETE www.ete.org
        • Robert Toole
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13 9:39 AM
            Hi Robert,

            I belong to the ETE San Diego Chapter and they only model in HO. They use "K" track and have it wired so it can be used for HOac or HOdc. I purchased a Marklin train so that I would have something to operate on the club layout and members layouts. The Keystone Chapter of ETE has a Zegment in their club. With ZoCal begining to form, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I could operate some of my European rolling stock on that layout.
            My wife and I will be attendint the ETE EuroWest GTG in August this year.

            Regards,
            Robert Toole
            Hemet, ZoCal

            Robert Ray <pray59@...> wrote:
            There are a few Z Scalers who have European trains, myself included.
            Right now there are a couple guys building Z-Bend Track modules with a
            European theme here in the SF Bay Area, and we hope to connect up
            modules.

            The Bay Area Z Scale Module Cooperative, or "BAZ BoyZ" modules can go
            either way, European or US prototype, by just running US or European
            trains.

            So for I have not joined ETE, but since the GATS went under, I just
            might do it so I can run trains more. :) Some of our club members are
            members of ETE, but we have yet to been invited to bring our modules.

            -Robert Ray

            G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train G scale train