Ghost Wagons

  • Will Davis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
      I am looking for a Ghost wagon or ideally a powered boggie (using a
      very small pager motor or similar) to use in scratch building. I am
      just about able to build the body work but would like a drop in power
      unit!

      I belive Herr Schmidt used to list them but his buisness was taken over
      by Micael Bahls.

      I have sent them several e-mails but no replies.

      So,

      1. Is Micael Bahls still active? ( I believe he's a member here)

      2. Any body know of a supplier of a ghost wagon or powered boggie or
      even just a powered axle?

      Thanks

      Will Davis
    • Jürg Rüedi
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hello Will

        Michael Bahls is still active but often he don't response of e-mail
        questions (strange for a businessmen).
        Jens Wimmel has a ghost car available. Look on his website:

        www.zettzeit.ch

        with best Regards
        Jürg

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
          The March/April 2006 issue of Ztrack has an article on creating your own
          'Ghost Wagon'. The article is by Robert Latimer and uses a Marklin locomotive to
          create a powered boxcar. More information on Ztrack can be found on our web
          site: www.ztrack.com

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          http://www.ztrack.com/
          Distributor American Z Line

        • vincentgoudreault
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
            Rob, what is the price of the AZL SD70's? I don't remember seeing
            anything but ballpark figures (did I miss something?).

            CBVG
          • ztrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
              There was an insert for Ztrack subscribers in the March/April issue of
              Ztrack. If you missed it, we have posted the order form on our web site. The link
              is:

              http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/azl_newreleases.html

              Ztrack subscriber price is $215.00 each plus shipping and handling. Dealer
              pricing will vary though we have seen a number of dealer matching Ztrack price.

              Rob

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              http://www.ztrack.com/
              Distributor American Z Line

            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
                Any date yet? I'm really ready! :)

                -Robert
              • vincentgoudreault
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006

                  > There was an insert for Ztrack subscribers in the March/April issue
                  of
                  > Ztrack. If you missed it, we have posted the order form on our web
                  site. The link
                  > is:
                  >
                  > http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/azl_newreleases.html
                  >
                  > Ztrack subscriber price is $215.00 each plus shipping and handling.
                  Dealer
                  > pricing will vary though we have seen a number of dealer matching
                  Ztrack price.

                  > Rob

                  But that is only for the NS and the UP ones. Is the price going to
                  be the same regardless of the road name? I am eagerly awaiting the
                  CN ones...

                  CBVG
                • ztrack@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
                    Sorry, still no firm release date.

                    Yes, the CNR SD75is will be $215.00. We will have an order form in the
                    upcoming May/June issue of Ztrack.

                    Rob Kluz

                    Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                    6142 Northcliff Blvd.