Re: [Z_Scale] June MTL Releases in "Z" are Posted

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2006
      In a message dated 5/31/2006 2:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      sgt_tim1@... writes:
      Looks like a Collectors Month to me.
      Yep, that's what it is, a collectors Month for releases.

      Now, that's not really a fair thing to say. I thought I was going to find two
      Christmas cars, a happy birthday and a Smokey the bear. Maybe they aren't
      modern (and the Northeastern caboose not exactly standard UP fare), but the Monon
      and CP box cars are useful liveries that could have definitely been seen
      behind an F 7, GP-35, or GP-9. And, it wasn't too long ago that some people here
      were requesting Midwestern and Canadian roads.
      Dan S.

    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, dpstripe@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 5/31/2006 2:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > sgt_tim1@... writes:
        > Looks like a Collectors Month to me.
        > Yep, that's what it is, a collectors Month for releases.
        >
        > Now, that's not really a fair thing to say. I thought I was going
        to find two
        > Christmas cars, a happy birthday and a Smokey the bear. Maybe they
        aren't
        > modern (and the Northeastern caboose not exactly standard UP fare),
        but the Monon
        > and CP box cars are useful liveries that could have definitely been
        seen
        > behind an F 7, GP-35, or GP-9. And, it wasn't too long ago that
        some people here
        > were requesting Midwestern and Canadian roads.
        > Dan S.

        I apologize for not completing my first posting of this subject. I
        meant to write more but time pressed me to send it sooner than
        expected. Since I didn't get it right the first time, I will try to
        do better now.

        When I wrote the word "Collector's Month" I took the definition out
        of the Hobo Tim's International Dictionary! It says that a
        Collector's Month is any month that MTL will definitely not sell out
        of their releases for quite a long time!

        As I thumb my way thru the dictionary I also find this word, "Sell-
        out Month". The definition of a Sell-out Month is any month where an
        anticipated release is due to come out and MTL is sweating and
        wondering if they indeed made enough items to satisfy the first
        release! Then the examples state past and future items. Gunderson
        Husky, New Track system, GP35 for the past releases and PS2 two bay
        hoppers, New Track system Turnouts & larger radius circles, and GP7/9
        for the future releases.

        So, I hope these terms will clarify any wrong messages I might have
        conveyed in the previous posting. Just stating mine and other Z
        scalers verbal/written statements on this months releases.

        References taken from the Trainboard and Wed Nite Chat!

        Hobo Tim
      • Vincent Goudreault
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
          Date: Wed May 31, 2006 9:49 pm (PDT)
          From: "dpstripe@..." dpstripe@...
          Subject: Re: June MTL Releases in "Z" are Posted

          (...)
          behind an F 7, GP-35, or GP-9. And, it wasn't too long ago that some people
          here
          were requesting Midwestern and Canadian roads.
          Dan S.

          Except that I am still hoping for CN GP35's. When, Joe?

          CBVG