FR-Model 5-unit Gunderson Maxi III?'s

  • korgs737
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2006
      I wanted to see if anyone out there has purchased any of the 5-unit
      Gunderson Maxi III's from FR-Model. If so, what are your opinions?
      Do the 40' Marklin container's look something close to U.S.
      container's? I just trying to figure out if buying one is worth the
      big $'s. Thanks in advance for your help.

      Korgs
    • GordonWerner
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2006
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "korgs737" <korgs130@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to see if anyone out there has purchased any of the 5-unit
        > Gunderson Maxi III's from FR-Model. If so, what are your opinions?
        > Do the 40' Marklin container's look something close to U.S.
        > container's? I just trying to figure out if buying one is worth the
        > big $'s. Thanks in advance for your help.
        >
        > Korgs

        I have two of these ... a BNSF and a CSX one. They are perhaps the nicest pieces of z-scale
        equipment that I own and the containers they come with are ISO standard refrigerated
        containers
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2006
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "korgs737" <korgs130@...> wrote:

          > I wanted to see if anyone out there has purchased any of the 5-unit
          > Gunderson Maxi III's from FR-Model. If so, what are your opinions?
          > Do the 40' Marklin container's look something close to U.S.
          > container's? I just trying to figure out if buying one is worth
          the
          > big $'s. Thanks in advance for your help.
          >
          > Korgs

          I have one BNSF Maxi III! Awesome!!!!

          I like it so much I am stripping alot of my MTL Husky's to paint them
          a similar scheme. BNSF "Swoosh"!

          Hobo Tim
        • sgt_tim7
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2006
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "korgs737" <korgs130@...> wrote:

            > I wanted to see if anyone out there has purchased any of the 5-unit
            > Gunderson Maxi III's from FR-Model. If so, what are your opinions?
            > Do the 40' Marklin container's look something close to U.S.
            > container's? I just trying to figure out if buying one is worth
            the
            > big $'s. Thanks in advance for your help.
            >
            > Korgs

            I have one BNSF Maxi III. It is AWESOME!!!!!! Wish I had more!

            Hobo Tim
          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
              --- korgs737 <korgs130@...> a écrit :

              > I wanted to see if anyone out there has purchased
              > any of the 5-unit
              > Gunderson Maxi III's from FR-Model. If so, what are
              > your opinions?
              > Do the 40' Marklin container's look something close
              > to U.S.
              > container's? I just trying to figure out if buying
              > one is worth the
              > big $'s. Thanks in advance for your help.
              >
              > Korgs

              Yes, I've two sets, and although Marklin container are
              not exactly accurate with their side doors they look
              OK. BTW I prefer to rely on the containers included
              with the sets, and with them these cars merely look
              terrific! I highly recommend them.

              Dominique

              http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail