update on metal wheel sets

  • purpleice4me
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      I did find Marklin metal wheels that can be purchased seprately. Now i
      just need to find out what trucks and couplers go with which wheels.
      Ugh!

      David
    • Steven Fry
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        David,
        Micro Trains has passenger trucks # 004 02 040. Whether or not the
        Marklin metal wheels # 700810 will fit and roll freely is debatable.
        Once you get the trucks and wheels together in an acceptable
        combination then you still need to install pick-ups and this will
        add more friction to an already tight fit of the MT truck and the
        Marklin wheels. Richmond Controls has pick-ups or you may want to
        think about an alternative, such as a battery powered system for
        lighting your passenger train which has the advantage of eliminating
        the flickering associated with track powered lighting.
        Steve