Re: GP35 PULL

  • miked_r
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2006
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...>
      <SN IP>
      > Question:
      >
      > What's a "normal" length consist behind a SINGLE GP35? I don't mean
      in tons -- cuz I know
      > that the total length depends on what's being hauled -- but just
      guesstimate : how many
      > cars would you usually see behind one.
      >

      > Russ Meier
      > Milwaukee, WI
      > MILW, UP, CP in Z

      Hi Russ,

      Well in the Z World, I pulled about a 38 car consist last weekend;
      cars included 12 of Uncle Will's Hoppers, 3 Robert Ray Covered
      Hoppers, 2 FR MoW PRR gondolas, a bunch of MTL box cars and gondolas
      plus 8 PennZee PRR hoppers. (That accounts for about 25 of the cars).
      The track was MTL snap-track and it was a very level surface.

      Best,

      Michael