[Z_Scale] Private owned vs. public

  • Karin E Schwarzer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2006
      The Alaska Railroad was Federally owned for 50 years and nearly folded because of negative revenue. The State bought it about 20 years ago and it has become one of the most profitable railroads in the US. Just goes to show that it isn't always the cost of doing business that becomes its ruin, but rather it is good management and vision that can keep trains running for our great grandchildren to enjoy with their children. The man that made that sale happen also got the ARR to bring a train right up to the International Airport in Anchorage. Gee, I wonder if he shouldn't have been the one to buy Marklin!?!