RE: [Z_Scale] Digest Number 3111

  • Ysbrand van der Veen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hello Mark,

      Anxious to see the pics of your Belgian Station. Although it's really hard
      to understand for me why you choose Belgium for your first 1:220 model
      instead of Germany or the Netherlands. As far as I now there are only a few
      active Belgian Z-Scalers and I don't think you are aiming at the masses. But
      I might be completely mistaken of course ...

      Best,
      Ysbrand
      Netherlands

      5. TimeCast Z scale release for Zedex 06
      From: "markkapalo" <markkapalo@...>

      Message: 5
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:33:13 -0000
      From: "markkapalo" <markkapalo@...>
      Subject: TimeCast Z scale release for Zedex 06

      Hi every one

      just a quick note to thank everyone who gave us feedback from the samples we
      sent out. I was all very useful, so thanks very much.

      As a direct result we have been working very hard on producing our first
      dedicated Z scale buildings.

      Our first offering is a rural station from Belgium, and if I do say so
      myself its some of our best work to date.

      All being well we will have a limited production run in the next week which
      will allow us to bring a few along to Zedex with us.

      For those of you who can't get to Zedex 06 photos will be posted on our
      website as soon as we have a display model ready.

      Thanks again for taking part in our survey, see you at Zedex 06!

      Regards
      Mark
      www.timecastmodels.co.uk

      Message: 6
      Date: 28 Apr 2006 15:30:58 -0000
      From: z_scale
      Subject: New file uploaded to z_scale

      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the z_scale
      group.

      File : /ZTips/Electricity08
      Uploaded by : jmac_han <jmac_han@...>
      Description : Using diodes to reduce DC voltage

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      jmac_han <jmac_han@...>

      Message: 7
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:21:56 +0100 (BST)
      From: Boudewijn Van <louistrichardt@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Marklin in Serious Financial Trouble/Offer to Buy (Source
      MR Express (Kalmba

      I will be alleviating the debt burden by ordering
      another 1000 Euro worth of Marklin items shortly!

      --- miked_r <miked_r@...> wrote:

      > Dave those are my fears exactly.
      >
      > My other fears are the Marklin families will not
      > sell, the banks will
      > cut off their credit lines (with 55 Million Euros
      > already in debt) and
      > they will not have the funds to continue operations
      > and will be forced
      > to sell or liquidate...
      >
      > The hope is that they can pull a turnaround like
      > Lionel trains did
      > (can anyone get a hold of musician and Lionel
      > partial owner, Neil
      > Young? Maybe he can help save Marklin???)
      >
      > In any event, this news may explain why some German
      > dealers have been,
      > pardon the expression, but it is accurate, slow
      > sellers (apparently)
      > such as the GG1 and Solar Set for fractions of the
      > original price on
      > Ebay....amongst many other items...
      >
      > My guess is the folks in Goppingen have been
      > fire-saleing or
      > wholesaling off large amounts of products at hefty
      > discounts to a
      > handful of sellers...
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The only thing that bothers me in all of this is
      > the statement by
      > the investment group. They said something like"
      > Marklin is a good
      > investment for our shareholdres for a normal 3 to 5
      > year window".
      > Quotes are not exact but that was the sense I got
      > out of it.
      > > That doesn't say anything for long term.
      > > I've seen corp. raiders go into a company and
      > strip costs for short
      > term cash flow to cover investment, plus a healthy
      > profit, and then
      > sell an abandonned shell for a fire sale price.
      > > That's the DARK SIDE VIEW .
      > > Mister Dave

      Yahoo! Photos - NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a
      photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

      Message: 8
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:41:24 -0000
      From: "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>
      Subject: New MTL Announcement

      Hi All,

      Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases. The Loco
      markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy. I hope
      to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.

      Enjoy

      Joe
      MTL

      Message: 9
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:42:37 -0000
      From: "the_saint_75240" <aa5821@...>
      Subject: Re: New MTL Announcement

      Joe, I just went through the site and couldn't find anything.
      What's the trick?

      Adam

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases. The
      Loco
      > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy. I
      hope
      > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL

      Message: 10
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:14:17 -0400
      From: "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...>
      Subject: RE: Re: New MTL Announcement

      Me neither. I assume it is the monthly MTL computer glitch or you have to
      be a member of the Bay area with a secret password....

      wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases. The
      Loco
      > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy. I
      hope
      > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL

      Message: 11
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:22:26 -0000
      From: "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@...>

      Joe, The May Releases haven't been uploaded to the MTL website yet!
      Waiting patiently!

      Tim

      Message: 12
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:26:15 -0000
      From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>

      I don't see them yet either, but I want both of them!

      -Robert

      Message: 13
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:49:16 -0400
      From: "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...>

      It is up and Posted. The secret password is "MONEY" starting this month and
      possibly the next 18 months.

      I don't see them yet either, but I want both of them!

      -Robert

      Message: 14
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:59:55 -0700
      From: "D. A. Karp" <z@...>

      Hi all,

      The "new releases" slideshow is up, but it's not on the home page yet:
      http://micro-trains.com/Flash%20Files/nr%20slide_0506.swf

      At 12:26 PM 4/28/2006, Robert Ray wrote:
      >I don't see them yet either, but I want both of them!
      >
      >-Robert

      http://www.zscale.org/

      Message: 15
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:01:54 -0000
      From: "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>

      Should be up...starts with GP and ends with NP.... ;O)

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@...> wrote:

      > I don't see them yet either, but I want both of them!
      >
      > -Robert

      Message: 16
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:52:26 -0000
      From: "its_all_downhill" <its_all_downhill@...>

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:

      > Joe, The May Releases haven't been uploaded to the MTL website yet!
      > Waiting patiently!
      >
      > Tim

      Hey Joe

      Great news, really like these units, I just have to find a way of financing
      my addiction now!!
      dont spose there are any plans for a switching loco? :)

      regards
      Tom (frantically raiding piggybank)

      Message: 17
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:15:03 -0000
      From: "GordonWerner" <z@...>

      Joe ... what's the ETA on the hoppers and the other new cars?

      thanks

      Gordon

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases. The
      > Loco
      > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy. I hope
      > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL

      Message: 18
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:16:10 -0000
      From: "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>

      I've been working on my own MP-15 chassis, but weather or not we ever
      make one here is another story..

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "its_all_downhill"
      <its_all_downhill@...> wrote:

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Joe, The May Releases haven't been uploaded to the MTL website
      yet!
      > > Waiting patiently!
      > >
      > > Tim
      > >

      > Hey Joe
      >
      > Great news, really like these units, I just have to find a way of
      financing my addiction now!!
      > dont spose there are any plans for a switching loco? :)
      >
      > regards
      > Tom (frantically raiding piggybank)

      Message: 19
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:13:34 -0000
      From: "vincentgoudreault" <vgoudreault@...>

      Joe,

      mild SNAFU on the MT site. Clicking on the C&O flat car link brings
      the WP box car, and the WP link brings the C&O flat picture and info.
      Everything is there, it is only badly linked.

      CBVG

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases. The
      Loco
      > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy. I
      hope
      > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL

      Message: 20
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:17:52 -0000
      From: "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>

      Hoppers July 1 at this point, I think the Boxcar will be a month
      later...but don't quote me on that.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:

      > Joe ... what's the ETA on the hoppers and the other new cars?
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > Gordon
      >

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases.
      The Loco
      > > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy.
      I hope
      > > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      > >
      > > Enjoy
      > >
      > > Joe
      > > MTL

      Message: 21
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:20:33 -0000
      From: "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...>

      I let the web guy know...thanks.

      The GP-9 ad is up on the web site as well...

      In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "vincentgoudreault" <vgoudreault@...>
      wrote:

      > Joe,
      >
      > mild SNAFU on the MT site. Clicking on the C&O flat car link
      brings
      > the WP box car, and the WP link brings the C&O flat picture and
      info.
      > Everything is there, it is only badly linked.
      >
      > CBVG
      >

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases.
      The
      > Loco
      > > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy.
      > hope
      > > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      > >
      > > Enjoy
      > >
      > > Joe
      > > MTL

      Message: 22
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:50:14 -0000
      From: "GordonWerner" <z@...>

      Why wouldn't you? Didn't the MP-15 operate on many different roads? I'd
      think that the
      marketplace would like such a switcher (provided it is possible to mass
      produce)

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

      > I've been working on my own MP-15 chassis, but weather or not we ever
      > make one here is another story..
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "its_all_downhill"
      > <its_all_downhill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Joe, The May Releases haven't been uploaded to the MTL website
      > yet!
      > > > Waiting patiently!
      > > >
      > > > Tim
      > > >

      > > Hey Joe
      > >
      > > Great news, really like these units, I just have to find a way of
      > financing my addiction now!!
      > > dont spose there are any plans for a switching loco? :)
      > >
      > > regards
      > > Tom (frantically raiding piggybank)

      Message: 23
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:52:57 -0000
      From: "GordonWerner" <z@...>

      cool ...

      I like the fact that MRL will be the first of the new modern boxcars ...

      http://www.micro-trains.com/coming%20soon.htm

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

      > Hoppers July 1 at this point, I think the Boxcar will be a month
      > later...but don't quote me on that.
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Joe ... what's the ETA on the hoppers and the other new cars?
      > >
      > > thanks
      > >
      > > Gordon
      > >

      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > Check out the MTL Web site for the latest on our new releases.
      > The Loco
      > > > markings will be of particular intrest to a Bay Area Laser Guy.
      > I hope
      > > > to post some plastic shots of the GP-9 soon.
      > > >
      > > > Enjoy
      > > >
      > > > Joe
      > > > MTL

      Message: 24
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:18:10 -0000
      From: "Choua" <scottlee_o8@...>
      Subject: RE: Marklin lines

      Would it, could it be possible that MTL could purchase the passenger car
      molds/dies from Marklin and improve on them? I'm talking both the
      streamlined and old time cars. With MTL couplers and trucks these cars would
      go great with MTL's starter sets.

      Message: 25
      Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:55:22 -0000
      From: "Robert Ray" <pray59@...>
      Subject: OK, after these last 2 GP35's I'm done, and onto GP9's!

      NP GP9 Torpedo Tubes! Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

      and all day long I thought Joe was talking about BN GP35's, which I only
      want 2 of, but these GP9's, well I better start off with half a dozen.

      I hope they include the bell (NP used steam bells on most of the GP7's and
      9's units recycled from the 2-8-2 Mikado's they replaced) and I hope they
      include the winterization hatch as seen in the photo on MTL's site.

      I hope this is no joke, because that is my workhorse locomotive! GP9's were
      the local freight haulers for the NP. Smaller mixed freight trains, and even
      passenger runs were done with the GP9's. Some were equipt with roof mounted
      air tanks to allow for larger fuel tanks, and therefore longer runs.

      It don't get any better! An NP GP9! NP no less! Happy Happy, Joy Joy! This
      locomotive will surely convert N and HO modelers to N Scale, and many into
      NP modelers!

      Thanks Joe!

      -Robert