Re: Z thektronics Snail Speed Controller with MTL F-7 Locos

  • Chris Kaminski
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      > So, will I harm my loco if I use snail-speed? Has anyone used this
      > controller with older MTL locos?

      I don't know about snail-speed, but I run my F7 with Jorger and it
      runs great. Perfect control and beautiful low speed.
      rgrds Chris
    • Lajos Thek
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "kermitgreene" <kermitgreene@...>
        wrote:

        > The F-7 loco has a warning "DO NOT use pulse power".
        > I'm almost sure the snail-speed controller uses pulse power.
        > So, will I harm my loco if I use snail-speed?

        No harm. Since the development of the controller most
        of the testing was done using an MTL F7 locomotive.
        After approximately 400 hours test run the very same
        F7 was running like new (and cold) at the last Costa
        Mesa show.

        Lajos
      • Jay Greer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
          Hello Lajos,
          Please reserve another Snail-Speed Contoller for me as soon as they come in.
          Best Wishes,
          Jay Greer