Re: To build models that appear "realistic" This is not about Z

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
      Whooops, I got Malcom's links backwards.

      Bill H.
      El Toro, CA
    • johnegert
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
        Richard----- The real trump cards in Z scale structure building are the
        arts of photoetching and laser cutting. Check our cyber-pal Reynard's
        work at Micronart, and the equally wonderful Microstructures-- these
        kits are as good or better than ANYTHING in any scale, bar none. Add
        Robt. Ray's kits, the various paper kits and others,and, though you
        won't have quite the variety, you'll have all the quality. As for
        scenery, the beauty of Z is the ability to approach scale scenery-to-
        train/structures ratios so as to give the appearance of a RR built
        through geography, rather than geography added to a layout. I think the
        advent of Microtrains turnouts will facilitate some large layouts, and
        Z will garner publicity beyond "curiosity".
        It's a good time to get on board.......
        john