Re: To build models that appear "realistic" This is not about Z

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 5:49 PM
      Hi,

      I have made reference to a few professional model builders. Here is
      are links to view their work.

      Malcom Furlow's G scale layouts
      http://www.polyweb.com/dans_rr/blog/?page_id=7
      Malcom's HO layout
      http://www.chriscomport.com/index.php?site=gscale
      Malcom is an artist and in a strict sense he is not a model
      railroader. After appearing in Model Railroader Magazine he gets
      commissioned to build model layouts. His work is expensive because
      it is not his principle field of activity.

      George Sellios
      http://www.trevinocircle.com/FSM.asp
      George is a manufacturer of HO scale structures.

      Lionel Gazeau
      http://theotherlionel.com/
      Lionel is also an artist who appears to concentrates his work within
      a model railroad atmosphere.

      I get no renumeration from any of these professionals and I have
      never communicated with any of them. I am simply a huge model
      railroad fan. If you have a lot of time to surf the net, check out
      this site:
      http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links-pg3

      Although my name appears in the URL it is not mine.

      Bill H.
      El Toro, CA
    • Bill Hoshiko
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 5:54 PM
        Whooops, I got Malcom's links backwards.

        Bill H.
        El Toro, CA
      • johnegert
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 7:10 PM
          Richard----- The real trump cards in Z scale structure building are the
          arts of photoetching and laser cutting. Check our cyber-pal Reynard's
          work at Micronart, and the equally wonderful Microstructures-- these
          kits are as good or better than ANYTHING in any scale, bar none. Add
          Robt. Ray's kits, the various paper kits and others,and, though you
          won't have quite the variety, you'll have all the quality. As for
          scenery, the beauty of Z is the ability to approach scale scenery-to-
          train/structures ratios so as to give the appearance of a RR built
          through geography, rather than geography added to a layout. I think the
          advent of Microtrains turnouts will facilitate some large layouts, and
          Z will garner publicity beyond "curiosity".
          It's a good time to get on board.......
          john