Re: [Z_Scale] Re: 9V Adaptors

  • Jay Greer
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
      Loren,
      I am sorry I took up space for a personnel rant concerning the lack of tact
      and practical knowledge supplied by Radio Shack employees. I had a new, non
      functioning, Märklin power pack that I was trying to test. Once the
      multimeter was replaced, the test took only a minute or two. Getting a
      working multimeter took several days and half a tank of gas plus a lot of
      aggravation.
      Cheers,
      Jay

      on 3/31/06 22:28, loren snyder at ljsnyder@... wrote:

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jay Greer <redwitch1@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Loren,
      >> I was trying to be kind!
      >> Normally I would not complain. But, let me elaborate for a moment.
      >> Recently I bought a multi meter at RADIO SHACK,.......snip
      >
      > Jay,
      > And here all along we thought standing in line at the post office was
      > the ultimate bummer.........
      > Relating that to Z scale, (so as not to get trounced) your tale sort
      > of sounds like the typical attitude "some" hobby shop personnel take
      > when you ask about Z scale. I maintain that it is a matter of
      > educating the ignorant masses, and maybe also the biased.
      >
      > I can't blame folks for being biased towards or against a product,
      > after all, aren't we Z scalers sort of biased? But not knowing your
      > product takes the cake in my book! I think we Z scalers have a little
      > more vision than some and we try to help each other out. Too bad the
      > store folks don't have that attitude.
      >
      > Like Captain Kirk used to say,"going where no man has gone before"
      > Maybe some hobby shop employees should take that attitude,......I know
      > it wouldn't hurt for Radio Shack folks to "go there"
      >
      > Personal service, the blessing or curse of the customer experience.
      > Loren

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      > web.
      > *
      > *
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • socalz44
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
        ---Jay, Nil ilicit corborundum. We've all had similar run-ins with
        shop personel. You ought to bring up Z down here in a San Diego
        Train/Hobby store and if you think the walking dead are at Radio
        Shack or the post office you ain't seen nothin' yet! I enjoyed your
        rant. I think we need to get the message count back up to average.
        Keep smiling, Jim CCRR

        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale> " on the
        > > web.
        > > *