Re: 9V Adaptors

  • Ellen
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
      Jay

      I recently returned a cold solder iron because it had shorted out.
      No problem--they had none in stock so I got a gift card. I went in
      several days later to use the card for a purchase and surprise there
      was the returned soldering iron taped shut for sale. I'm sure the
      next purchaser was disappointed to get a defective iron. All will
      rise to their level of incompetence
      Ellen
      Indianapolis

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jay Greer <redwitch1@...> wrote:

      > Loren,
      > I was trying to be kind!
      > Normally I would not complain. But, let me elaborate for a moment.
      Recently
      > I bought a multi meter at RADIO SHACK, took it home and found that
      it would
      > not function. I took it back to the store where I bought it. Two
      days had
      > passed. The salesman did not remember me. I explained the
      problem: ME: the
      > product does not work! HIM: You have installed the wrong
      batteries. Me: I
      > bought them from you they are brand new RADIO SHACK batteries.
      HIM: Then
      > they are worn out. ME: They are two days old and did not work from
      the
      > beginning. HIM: You will have to send it back and file a
      complaint! ME: Let
      > me speak to your manager. HIM; He is not here. ME: Give me my
      money back
      > or give me a new meter. HIM: I am not authorized to do that. ME:
      Please
      > honor my request or I will file a formal complaint to the home
      office
      > concerning your lack of professional attitude and assistance. HIM:
      Blank
      > stare. Followed by I will see what I can do. Later, I received a
      new meter
      > from the manager who was sitting on his ass in a back room!
      > That is one reason I don't care to deal with RADIO SHACK.
      > I could give you others but I am afraid I would not be using
      acceptable
      > language to describe my other experiences with them!
      > Enough!
      > Jay:
      >

      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jay Greer <redwitch1@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> John,
      > >> You are correct in your analogy of Radio Shack personnel. I have
      > > yet >to find anyone there who even understands or can explain the
      > > technical >aspects of their product line. Indeed, I believe
      that, in
      > > order to >qualify for employment there, applicants must show that
      they
      > > can hold a >blank stare for at least three minutes!
      > >> Regards,
      > >> Jay
      > >

      > > Jay,
      > >
      > > Only three minutes? Medford, Oregon Radio Shack personnel can
      stand
      > > still for 5 minutes, not move once, blink only twice, and take 3
      > > breaths......They're #1
      > > Radio Shack......land of the living dead!
      > > Loren

      > > G scale model train
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=G+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+trai

      n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&
      w5=Z+sca
      > > le+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg>
      Ho scale
      > > model train
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+tra

      in&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train
      &w5=Z+sc
      > > ale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg>
      Model train
      > > n scale
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+trai

      n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&
      w5=Z+sca
      > > le+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA>
      > > Scale model train
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&

      w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5
      =Z+scale
      > > +model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> Z
      scale model
      > > train
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Z+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+trai

      n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&
      w5=Z+sca
      > > le+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g>
      Z scale
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Z+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2=Ho+scal

      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale> " on the
      > > web.
      > > *
      > > *
      Service
      > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Jay Greer
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
        Loren,
        I am sorry I took up space for a personnel rant concerning the lack of tact
        and practical knowledge supplied by Radio Shack employees. I had a new, non
        functioning, Märklin power pack that I was trying to test. Once the
        multimeter was replaced, the test took only a minute or two. Getting a
        working multimeter took several days and half a tank of gas plus a lot of
        aggravation.
        Cheers,
        Jay

        on 3/31/06 22:28, loren snyder at ljsnyder@... wrote:

        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jay Greer <redwitch1@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Loren,
        >> I was trying to be kind!
        >> Normally I would not complain. But, let me elaborate for a moment.
        >> Recently I bought a multi meter at RADIO SHACK,.......snip
        >
        > Jay,
        > And here all along we thought standing in line at the post office was
        > the ultimate bummer.........
        > Relating that to Z scale, (so as not to get trounced) your tale sort
        > of sounds like the typical attitude "some" hobby shop personnel take
        > when you ask about Z scale. I maintain that it is a matter of
        > educating the ignorant masses, and maybe also the biased.
        >
        > I can't blame folks for being biased towards or against a product,
        > after all, aren't we Z scalers sort of biased? But not knowing your
        > product takes the cake in my book! I think we Z scalers have a little
        > more vision than some and we try to help each other out. Too bad the
        > store folks don't have that attitude.
        >
        > Like Captain Kirk used to say,"going where no man has gone before"
        > Maybe some hobby shop employees should take that attitude,......I know
        > it wouldn't hurt for Radio Shack folks to "go there"
        >
        > Personal service, the blessing or curse of the customer experience.
        > Loren

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        > web.
        > *
        > *
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • socalz44
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2006
          ---Jay, Nil ilicit corborundum. We've all had similar run-ins with
          shop personel. You ought to bring up Z down here in a San Diego
          Train/Hobby store and if you think the walking dead are at Radio
          Shack or the post office you ain't seen nothin' yet! I enjoyed your
          rant. I think we need to get the message count back up to average.
          Keep smiling, Jim CCRR

          > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > >
          > > * Visit your group "z_scale
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale> " on the