Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Speaking of track, how's about ballast?

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 29, 2006
      On Mer, 2006-03-29 at 15:17 +0000, Robert Ray wrote:
      > The ballasts I used were Woodland Scenics Fine Light Gray (which is
      > what I have used for years on my N Scale layouts), Highball Z Gray,
      > and Arizona Rock & Gravel Copper Range Green.

      I've tried a few ideas and with Z I found the fine ballast a pain to get
      in the right places and shapes. The current layout I'm using the peco
      foam underlay which is easy to lay but on its own looks fairly
      non-descript. It does however soak up water based dirt coloured paints a
      treat so can be painted to look quite decently like dirty stone ballast.

      Alan