Re: MTL Color Help Alert.

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 28, 2006
      Dan, you could be right I was just going by the website. I asked
      Gregg Mahlkov : http://www.gtcom.net/~mahlkov/ and this is what he
      had to say:

      "All PRR boxcars, including the X29's used in express service, were
      painted what the PRR referred to as "freight car color". The color
      darkened from the circle keystone scheme to the shadow keystone
      scheme to the final plain keystone scheme, but it was still a red
      oxide.

      The express service X29's were rivaled in filthiness only by New
      York subway cars in the 1950's - both were so dirty you could not
      tell what color paint they wore."

      A more important question would be, What does Joe have up his
      sleeve? : )