Track

  • ldfromnc@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 96 , May 11, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      I have a silly but simple ?. I am new at the Z scale thing, so
      please don't think I'm too stupid. What is the best way to put down
      z track? Glue or nails. Also, what is the best thing to use for
      track bed to simulate gravel? Well actually that was two questions,
      sorry.

      Thanks, Larry
    • Ben Scaro
      Message 96 of 96 , Feb 14, 2009
        Of perhaps limited interest and circulation, but the Modelling the
        Railways of SA Convention notes include two fantastic articles
        arguing that 'track is a model too' and suggesting a variety of ways
        of replicating the look of Australian track.

        On the mainlines track is well sleepered, but Australian branchlines
        are infamous for light rail and widely and unevenly spaced
        sleepers. On many narrow gauge lines with wood sleepers, every
        fourth or fifth sleeper would be steel, the intention being to hold
        the rails in gauge.

        In Z, modelling it would require the use of code 30 rail at least,
        but code 25 would be better.

        Ben