Labelle 107 oil. Is it good to use?

  • Terry J.N. Rowsell
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi all,

      I have a bottle of Labelle 107 oil that I have used in larger scales.
      How is it for Z? I have read within this group that Labelle 108 is
      fine. I know little about lubricating oil.

      Cheers,
      Terry
    • dpstripe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        108 is lighter. Also, I can't remember if it is 107, or not, but one of the
        Labelle's doesn't say that it is safe for plastic (the 108 does).
        Dan S.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
          > 108 is lighter. Also, I can't remember if it is 107, or not, but one
          of the
          > Labelle's doesn't say that it is safe for plastic (the 108 does).

          This bottle of 107 says "plastic compatible".
        • dpstripe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
            In a message dated 3/3/2006 8:22:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            terryrowsell@... writes:

            This bottle of 107 says "plastic compatible".

            Terry,
            on the data sheet that came with my Labelle N/Z scale lubrication kit, it
            says:
            "107 is a "medium" type oil used for larger type motors found in HO to the
            LGB scale"

            "108 is a light oil used on motors found in the N and Z scale locomotives
            and diesels"

            This is from Labelle kit number 0430-001002 (I got mine from Z-Scale Monster
            a long time ago)

            Dan S.

          • Terry J.N. Rowsell
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
              Thanks,

              I will pick up some 108 for safe measure.