MT flex track

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm new here and think of starting a small Z scale layout.

      I would guess this has come up before, but is there any chance of the
      MT flex coming out in 36" lengths? I was ready to get some track and
      it hit me that the pieces are only 12" long. I don't really want that
      many joints.

      Appearance wise how does the MT flex compare to Peco? is the code the
      same, ties, etc.

      Also the PS-2 hopper is great and I will be getting one for sure, any
      hints of the next roadname? : )

      Thanks
      Chris
      http://www.railimages.com/gallery/chrisschmuck
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
        Hello Chris and Welcome to Z and to the Yahoo Group!

        I'm sure otheres will chime in as well, but to answer your question
        regarding MT flex, unfortunately, it only comes in the 12" length
        sections. Peco and Marklin come in longer sections (I think maybe
        24" or somewere along those lines, not sure about 36") MT flex (and
        the new MT ballasted sectional)is, to the best of my knowledge, the
        only prototypically accurate North American tie spacing available.
        The other manufacturers are European based I'm pretty sure.

        - Phil