caboose

  • joe_carrier2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi Z guys, Has any body out there ever lighted up a Z caboose? Is it
      possible? If so, how...I know that one of you clever guys could
      probably do this mod in your sleep. Thanks for any ideas. It is
      appreciated!
      Marble
    • Larry Donsbach
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        If there is anyone that can answer your question it would be Jim at
        Richmond Controls.

        You might contact him at

        www.richmondcontrols.com

        Larry D
        San Antonio

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
          Jim had a MTL caboose at the NTS in St Louis that had marker lights on it. There used to be a
          picture of it somewhere. Only problem was that you need metal wheels for electrical feed and MTL
          doesn't have any. The Marklin ones don't fit in the MTL trucks. Sure hope that the future AZL
          metal wheels will be compatible with MTL trucks and are available as a separate item.
          Ed Scullin

        • dpstripe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            Someone had a lighted caboose that used a watch battery. Sort of like the
            FRED units that are offered. Maybe a little battery and board in the caboose
            would help them not "bob" so much at low speeds.
            Dan S.

            In a message dated 3/2/2006 10:18:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            sculline@... writes:

            Jim had a MTL caboose at the NTS in St Louis that had marker lights on it.
            There used to be a
            picture of it somewhere. Only problem was that you need metal wheels for
            electrical feed and MTL
            doesn't have any. The Marklin ones don't fit in the MTL trucks. Sure hope
            that the future AZL
            metal wheels will be compatible with MTL trucks and are available as a
            separate item.
            Ed Scullin

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
              Ed, you are correct. The marker lighted caboose needs
              metal wheels. I saw a Marklin caboose illuminated beautifully
              at the WGHS in Houston in Jan. The maker of this
              LED marker light kit is Richmond Controls. But after visiting
              the website I still don't understand how to order the kit.
              I think the Marklin caboose is exquisite to begin with,
              his red/green marker lights were perfect!

              Reynard
              On Thursday, March 2, 2006, at 09:54 PM, dpstripe@... wrote:

              > Someone had a lighted caboose that used a watch battery. Sort of like
              > the
              > FRED units that are offered. Maybe a little battery and board in the
              > caboose
              > would help them not "bob" so much at low speeds.
              > Dan S.
              >
              > In a message dated 3/2/2006 10:18:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > sculline@... writes:
              >
              > Jim had  a MTL caboose at the NTS in St Louis that had marker lights
              > on it.
              > There  used to be a
              > picture of it somewhere.  Only problem was that you need  metal wheels
              > for
              > electrical feed and MTL
              > doesn't have any.  The  Marklin ones don't fit in the MTL trucks.
              > Sure hope
              > that the future  AZL
              > metal wheels will be compatible with MTL trucks and are available as a
              > separate item.
              > Ed Scullin

              > Z-scale:  minimum siZe, MAXIMUM enjoyment!

              <image.tiff>

              <image.tiff>

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              > +  Visit your group "z_scale" on the web.

              <image.tiff>

            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
                What I wish is for MTL to go ahead and produce Swing Motion Caboose
                Trucks with power pickup, like used on the Kato N Scale cabooses. They
                could come out with a steel cupola caboose like the Atlas ones, and
                light them up with red end marker lights and an interior golden white
                light, and really throw the Z Scale community light years ahead!

                -Robert
              • Stephen Moore
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
                  Even if they came out with just the power pickup trucks, to replace
                  what comes with the caboose or cars, we could put on the rest.

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@...> wrote:

                  > What I wish is for MTL to go ahead and produce Swing Motion Caboose
                  > Trucks with power pickup, like used on the Kato N Scale cabooses.
                  They
                  > could come out with a steel cupola caboose like the Atlas ones, and
                  > light them up with red end marker lights and an interior golden
                  white
                  > light, and really throw the Z Scale community light years ahead!
                  >
                  > -Robert

                • Joe DAmato
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
                    Robert,

                    You've been looking over my shoulder? I've been researching a new
                    Caboose and if I can get the approval then I would do the trucks at the
                    same time. The problem with Z is that there is so much that still
                    needs to be done, where do you start? I've over modifying Marklin
                    Cabeese, great cars mind you, but I have to make new underframes so
                    they sit right and it's time for a new style anyway.

                    Joe