Re: NEW MTL PS-2 Hopper

  • Thomas Welsch
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi Joe,

      BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

      I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
      Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.

      Thom Welsch

      > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
      > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here
      > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in the
      > MTL New Releases Photo File.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > Joe

    • Joe DAmato
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
        We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These will
        be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can make
        the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!

        Thanks!

        Joe

        PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!

        Joe

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Joe,
        >
        > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
        >
        > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
        > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
        >
        > Thom Welsch
        > >
        > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
        > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
        here
        > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
        the
        > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
        > >
        > > Enjoy
        > >
        > > Joe

      • Aaron Poscovsky
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
          Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
          Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us smaller
          store owner get some.
          Aaron
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

          > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
          > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here to
          > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in the
          > MTL New Releases Photo File.
          >
          > Enjoy
          >
          > Joe

        • Stephen Moore
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
            Joe,
            I just spread the word to some guys around here, you can count on a
            lot being purchased here.
            They are going to develop a layout and modules around covered hopper
            operations.

            Stephen - Texas

            wrote:

            > We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These
            will
            > be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can
            make
            > the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Joe
            >
            > PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!
            >
            > Joe
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Joe,
            > >
            > > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
            > >
            > > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
            > > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
            > >
            > > Thom Welsch
            > > >
            > > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-
            2
            > > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited
            around
            > here
            > > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is
            in
            > the
            > > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
            > > >
            > > > Enjoy
            > > >
            > > > Joe

          • Don
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
              Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled to. It
              looks different from any I have.

              Don

              wrote:

              > Hi Joe,
              >
              > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
              >
              > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
              > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
              >
              > Thom Welsch
              > >
              > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
              > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
              here
              > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
              the
              > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
              > >
              > > Enjoy
              > >
              > > Joe

            • jeffcrist2002
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                Forget the stock car Don. What is that cute skeleton Joe is playing
                with.

                John

                -- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled to.
                It
                > looks different from any I have.
                >
                > Don

                Behalf
                > Of Joe DAmato
                > Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:03 PM
                > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: NEW MTL PS-2 Hopper
                >
                > We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These
                will
                > be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can make
                > the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Joe
                >
                > PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!
                >
                > Joe
                >
                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Joe,
                > >
                > > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
                > >
                > > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
                > > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
                > >
                > > Thom Welsch
                > > >
                > > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-
                2
                > > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
                > here
                > > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is
                in
                > the
                > > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                > > >
                > > > Enjoy
                > > >
                > > > Joe

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • pinekirk
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                  what i want to know is:
                  what is that car in the background at left. it looks like the
                  unavailable modern 50' ribside boxcar without roofwalks, ... but this
                  one seems to have an open door. how did you do that?

                  inquiring minds want to know ... everything!
                  dave f.

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                  > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
                  > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here
                  > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
                  the
                  > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                  >
                  > Enjoy
                  >
                  > Joe

                • Joe DAmato
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                    I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                    scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                    management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers on
                    each release.

                    Joe
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky" <ajmodeltrains@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                    > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us smaller
                    > store owner get some.
                    > Aaron
                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
                    > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
                    here to
                    > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
                    the
                    > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                    > >
                    > > Enjoy
                    > >
                    > > Joe

                  • Joe DAmato
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                      Sushiman wind up toy, I run him across the layout when I'm resting my
                      eyes to rain havoc over the bigger scales...

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jeffcrist2002" <jmui@...> wrote:

                      > Forget the stock car Don. What is that cute skeleton Joe is playing
                      > with.
                      >
                      > John
                      >

                      > -- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled
                      to.
                      > It
                      > > looks different from any I have.
                      > >
                      > > Don

                    • Joe DAmato
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                        Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                        out AZL as well...

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:

                        > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and other
                        equipment) ... not
                        > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                        >
                        > Thanx
                        >
                        > Gordon
                        >
                        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                        > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                        > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers
                        on
                        > > each release.
                        > >
                        > > Joe
                        > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                        <ajmodeltrains@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                        > > > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us
                        smaller
                        > > > store owner get some.
                        > > > Aaron
                        > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>

                        PS-2
                        > > here to
                        > > the

                      • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                          Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble navigating
                          site?
                          Ron

                          Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                          out AZL as well...

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:

                          > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and other
                          equipment) ... not
                          > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                          >
                          > Thanx
                          >
                          > Gordon
                          >
                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                          > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                          > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers
                          on
                          > > each release.
                          > >
                          > > Joe
                          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                          <ajmodeltrains@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                          > > > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us
                          smaller
                          > > > store owner get some.
                          > > > Aaron
                          > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>

                          PS-2
                          > > here to
                          > > the

                          G scale model train
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=G+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                          w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                          odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg> Ho scale model
                          train
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train
                          &w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+
                          model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg> Model train n
                          scale
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                          w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                          odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA>
                          Scale model train
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2
                          =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+mod
                          el+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> Z scale model
                          train
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                          w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                          odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g> Z scale
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2=Ho+scale+
                          model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+model+train&w
                          6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZzEEY_L3TMKeiRW3T6PuXw>

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          ________________________________
                        • Joe DAmato
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                            Look in the Photo's area to the left and scroll through to the MTL
                            file..you will see a pic of the Chessie GP-35

                            Joe

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D."
                            <rhurley@...> wrote:

                            > Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble
                            navigating
                            > site?
                            > Ron

                            Service
                            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Adam Amick
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                              Aren't there still a TON of PS2s (or very similar appearing hoppers)
                              still on the rails today?

                              Thanks again for your efforts. I know there's a lot of money tied up
                              in providing us just one new type of car, and you guys picked one
                              that was desperatly needed! If I even win the lottery (and it'll
                              have to be something more than just the minimal amounts) then I'll
                              look at sponnsoring a new car or locomotive that I want to see.
                              Until then, I'll keep buying what yous guys produce!

                              Adam

                              wrote:

                              > Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the
                              way..check
                              > out AZL as well...
                              >
                              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and
                              other
                              > equipment) ... not
                              > > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                              > >
                              > > Thanx
                              > >
                              > > Gordon
                              > >
                              > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>
                              wrote:

                              > > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time
                              with Z
                              > > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble
                              that
                              > > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road
                              numbers
                              > on
                              > > > each release.
                              > > >
                              > > > Joe
                              > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                              > <ajmodeltrains@>

                              > smaller

                              > PS-2
                              > around
                              > > > here to
                              > is in
                              > > > the

                            • miked_r
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                I've enhanced the photo but I think it must be N Scale from the looks
                                of it :-(

                                If so, can a moderator delete the photo?

                                Thanks,

                                Michael

                                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Let's start a poll here. In the future how many are in favor of Joe
                                > > improving lighting on OOOp's ??
                                > >
                                > > Don
                                >

                                > Since Joe can do almost anything, let's see him put OOOp's out in a
                                > four pack wit different flavors!
                                >
                                > Must be Friday, I'm out of my cage.....
                                > Loren

                              • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  aha! I guess you have to be looking at the right site! I thought the hoppers
                                  were on the MTL site.... sorry.... can't wait to order mine! ron

                                  <rhurley@...> wrote:

                                  > Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble
                                  navigating
                                  > site?
                                  > Ron

                                  odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg> scale model train
                                  Ho
                                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train
                                  &w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+
                                  model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg> scale model train
                                  Model
                                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                                  w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                                  odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA> train n scale
                                  Scale
                                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2
                                  =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+mod
                                  el+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> model train Z
                                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                                  w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                                  odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g> scale model train
                                  model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+model+train&w
                                  6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZzEEY_L3TMKeiRW3T6PuXw> scale

                                  _____

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                  the web.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    If you are looking for some, I just noticed today, 2-3 of them in
                                    our local hobby shop, Discount model trains 972 931 8135
                                    wrote:

                                    > Don,
                                    >
                                    > It's our Cattle Car...
                                    >
                                    > Joe
                                    >
                                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled
                                    to.
                                    > It
                                    > > looks different from any I have.
                                    > >
                                    > > Don

                                  • GordonWerner
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                                      > Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                                      > out AZL as well...

                                      see ... that is excellent news ... well for those of us who model the now and not the then.