NEW MTL PS-2 Hopper

  • Joe DAmato
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
      I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
      Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here to
      have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in the
      MTL New Releases Photo File.

      Enjoy

      Joe
    • Thomas Welsch
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hi Joe,

        BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

        I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
        Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.

        Thom Welsch

        > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
        > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here
        > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in the
        > MTL New Releases Photo File.
        >
        > Enjoy
        >
        > Joe

      • Joe DAmato
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
          We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These will
          be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can make
          the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!

          Thanks!

          Joe

          PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!

          Joe

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Joe,
          >
          > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
          >
          > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
          > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
          >
          > Thom Welsch
          > >
          > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
          > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
          here
          > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
          the
          > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
          > >
          > > Enjoy
          > >
          > > Joe

        • Aaron Poscovsky
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
            Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
            Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us smaller
            store owner get some.
            Aaron
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

            > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
            > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here to
            > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in the
            > MTL New Releases Photo File.
            >
            > Enjoy
            >
            > Joe

          • Stephen Moore
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
              Joe,
              I just spread the word to some guys around here, you can count on a
              lot being purchased here.
              They are going to develop a layout and modules around covered hopper
              operations.

              Stephen - Texas

              wrote:

              > We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These
              will
              > be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can
              make
              > the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Joe
              >
              > PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!
              >
              > Joe
              >
              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Joe,
              > >
              > > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
              > >
              > > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
              > > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
              > >
              > > Thom Welsch
              > > >
              > > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-
              2
              > > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited
              around
              > here
              > > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is
              in
              > the
              > > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
              > > >
              > > > Enjoy
              > > >
              > > > Joe

            • Don
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled to. It
                looks different from any I have.

                Don

                wrote:

                > Hi Joe,
                >
                > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
                >
                > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
                > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
                >
                > Thom Welsch
                > >
                > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
                > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
                here
                > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
                the
                > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                > >
                > > Enjoy
                > >
                > > Joe

              • jeffcrist2002
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                  Forget the stock car Don. What is that cute skeleton Joe is playing
                  with.

                  John

                  -- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

                  > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled to.
                  It
                  > looks different from any I have.
                  >
                  > Don

                  Behalf
                  > Of Joe DAmato
                  > Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:03 PM
                  > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: NEW MTL PS-2 Hopper
                  >
                  > We are making more inventory so there ought to be enough...These
                  will
                  > be released with two road numbers, and if that goes well I can make
                  > the case for 3 or 4 per release, but that's way off in the future!
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Joe
                  >
                  > PS..I'm busy painting a bunch to test out on the Cascade Z Line!
                  >
                  > Joe
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Joe,
                  > >
                  > > BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
                  > >
                  > > I hope MTL plans to make tons of these!!
                  > > Don't let that little Goblin steal them all.
                  > >
                  > > Thom Welsch
                  > > >
                  > > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-
                  2
                  > > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
                  > here
                  > > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is
                  in
                  > the
                  > > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                  > > >
                  > > > Enjoy
                  > > >
                  > > > Joe

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • pinekirk
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 2, 2006
                    what i want to know is:
                    what is that car in the background at left. it looks like the
                    unavailable modern 50' ribside boxcar without roofwalks, ... but this
                    one seems to have an open door. how did you do that?

                    inquiring minds want to know ... everything!
                    dave f.

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                    > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
                    > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around here
                    > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
                    the
                    > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                    >
                    > Enjoy
                    >
                    > Joe

                  • Joe DAmato
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                      I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                      scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                      management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers on
                      each release.

                      Joe
                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky" <ajmodeltrains@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                      > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us smaller
                      > store owner get some.
                      > Aaron
                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I've included a couple of photo's of the first shots of the PS-2
                      > > Covered Hopper scheduled for release soon. Very excited around
                      here to
                      > > have a bunch of these added to my freight train. The photo is in
                      the
                      > > MTL New Releases Photo File.
                      > >
                      > > Enjoy
                      > >
                      > > Joe

                    • Joe DAmato
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                        Sushiman wind up toy, I run him across the layout when I'm resting my
                        eyes to rain havoc over the bigger scales...

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jeffcrist2002" <jmui@...> wrote:

                        > Forget the stock car Don. What is that cute skeleton Joe is playing
                        > with.
                        >
                        > John
                        >

                        > -- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled
                        to.
                        > It
                        > > looks different from any I have.
                        > >
                        > > Don

                      • Joe DAmato
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                          Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                          out AZL as well...

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:

                          > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and other
                          equipment) ... not
                          > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                          >
                          > Thanx
                          >
                          > Gordon
                          >
                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                          > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                          > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers
                          on
                          > > each release.
                          > >
                          > > Joe
                          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                          <ajmodeltrains@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                          > > > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us
                          smaller
                          > > > store owner get some.
                          > > > Aaron
                          > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>

                          PS-2
                          > > here to
                          > > the

                        • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                            Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble navigating
                            site?
                            Ron

                            Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                            out AZL as well...

                            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:

                            > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and other
                            equipment) ... not
                            > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                            >
                            > Thanx
                            >
                            > Gordon
                            >
                            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time with Z
                            > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble that
                            > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road numbers
                            on
                            > > each release.
                            > >
                            > > Joe
                            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                            <ajmodeltrains@>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Love the photos. Hope MKT will be on the list of road names.
                            > > > Also, hope the BIG Boys do not buy the inventory before us
                            smaller
                            > > > store owner get some.
                            > > > Aaron
                            > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>

                            PS-2
                            > > here to
                            > > the

                            G scale model train
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=G+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                            w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                            odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg> Ho scale model
                            train
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train
                            &w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+
                            model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg> Model train n
                            scale
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                            w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                            odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA>
                            Scale model train
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2
                            =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+mod
                            el+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> Z scale model
                            train
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                            w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                            odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g> Z scale
                            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2=Ho+scale+
                            model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+model+train&w
                            6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZzEEY_L3TMKeiRW3T6PuXw>

                            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                            ________________________________
                          • Joe DAmato
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                              Look in the Photo's area to the left and scroll through to the MTL
                              file..you will see a pic of the Chessie GP-35

                              Joe

                              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D."
                              <rhurley@...> wrote:

                              > Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble
                              navigating
                              > site?
                              > Ron

                              Service
                              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Adam Amick
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                Aren't there still a TON of PS2s (or very similar appearing hoppers)
                                still on the rails today?

                                Thanks again for your efforts. I know there's a lot of money tied up
                                in providing us just one new type of car, and you guys picked one
                                that was desperatly needed! If I even win the lottery (and it'll
                                have to be something more than just the minimal amounts) then I'll
                                look at sponnsoring a new car or locomotive that I want to see.
                                Until then, I'll keep buying what yous guys produce!

                                Adam

                                wrote:

                                > Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the
                                way..check
                                > out AZL as well...
                                >
                                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "GordonWerner" <z@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > fantastic news ... but please ... we need modern boxcars (and
                                other
                                > equipment) ... not
                                > > everyone is interested in modelling the 1960s
                                > >
                                > > Thanx
                                > >
                                > > Gordon
                                > >
                                > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@>
                                wrote:

                                > > > I want everyone to know that I am addressing this big time
                                with Z
                                > > > scale. We got the ok to increase production, it's a gamble
                                that
                                > > > management should be applauded for, plus doing two road
                                numbers
                                > on
                                > > > each release.
                                > > >
                                > > > Joe
                                > > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Poscovsky"
                                > <ajmodeltrains@>

                                > smaller

                                > PS-2
                                > around
                                > > > here to
                                > is in
                                > > > the

                              • miked_r
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  I've enhanced the photo but I think it must be N Scale from the looks
                                  of it :-(

                                  If so, can a moderator delete the photo?

                                  Thanks,

                                  Michael

                                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Let's start a poll here. In the future how many are in favor of Joe
                                  > > improving lighting on OOOp's ??
                                  > >
                                  > > Don
                                  >

                                  > Since Joe can do almost anything, let's see him put OOOp's out in a
                                  > four pack wit different flavors!
                                  >
                                  > Must be Friday, I'm out of my cage.....
                                  > Loren

                                • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    aha! I guess you have to be looking at the right site! I thought the hoppers
                                    were on the MTL site.... sorry.... can't wait to order mine! ron

                                    <rhurley@...> wrote:

                                    > Joe, where are pics of hoppper? Is it me or do others have trouble
                                    navigating
                                    > site?
                                    > Ron

                                    odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg> scale model train
                                    Ho
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train
                                    &w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+
                                    model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg> scale model train
                                    Model
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                                    w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                                    odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA> train n scale
                                    Scale
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&w2
                                    =Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+mod
                                    el+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> model train Z
                                    <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Z+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+train&
                                    w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+m
                                    odel+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g> scale model train
                                    model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+model+train&w
                                    6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZzEEY_L3TMKeiRW3T6PuXw> scale

                                    _____

                                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                    the web.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                      If you are looking for some, I just noticed today, 2-3 of them in
                                      our local hobby shop, Discount model trains 972 931 8135
                                      wrote:

                                      > Don,
                                      >
                                      > It's our Cattle Car...
                                      >
                                      > Joe
                                      >
                                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <d.f.avila@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Joe what is the car the hopper in the photo section is coupled
                                      to.
                                      > It
                                      > > looks different from any I have.
                                      > >
                                      > > Don

                                    • GordonWerner
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 3, 2006
                                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

                                        > Hold your horses Gordon, lots of good modern stuff on the way..check
                                        > out AZL as well...

                                        see ... that is excellent news ... well for those of us who model the now and not the then.