Re: [Z_Scale] american 2-8-2steam engine

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Thomas,
      22 cars with a Marklin Mikado is pretty impressive. Especially with 3 of the
      cars being FR hoppers. My Mikados will only pull 10 or 11 FR Hoppers and a
      caboose, or maybe 15 MTL cars. When you say "after market" motor, do you mean a
      new Marklin Motor, or a totally different motor. Could you elaborate more on
      "regeared between wheels and motor", and "rebalanced boiler"? Thanks.
      Dan S.

      In a message dated 3/1/2006 4:33:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      thomasc600@... writes:

      had old nyc broken engine laying around bad motor got new after market
      motor, Rregeared between wheels and motor rebalanced boiler took lubed
      axles motor shaft.it pull 22 cars level grade 3fr hopper 6 reefers rest
      mtl cars odd think only push back wards 15 cars am I on right track
      better running engine???or have I failed in my efforts.?????I depend
      people been in z scale longer me.