Re: Make My Model Passenger cars?

  • Choua
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:33 PM
      What happened with the idea of having Make My Model
      build us some Heavyweight passenger cars?
      I'm ready to spend $120-$140 for a baggage car
      combine and two coaches if they are ever made.
      Or was this just one of the many pipe dreams
      floated on this group?
    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 4:48 PM
        I don't have much experience dealing with Acrylic RP machining, but
        the few pieces I have are very brittle. I'm sure most people that
        have purchased vehicles from MakeMyModel will agree that they are
        delicate and can break very easily.

        Best bet for Heavy Weights are Plastic injection. Second best is
        brass/nickelsilver etched sides, cast metal under-carrage and cast
        resin roof. Third best would be made completely from casting resin
        in several pieces.

        I wouldn't even consider Acrylic RP for these cars! If they charge
        $10 for an itsy bitsy vehicle, imagine what a long heavy weight car
        would cost! Break it and what will you have? The acrylic does not
        bend. It breaks!

        Just my two cents.

        Tim