Z ruler

  • lbon3002
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
      Hello Z gang im retuning to Z scale and need to know where i can get a
      ruler so i can start building thanks LESLIE
    • Don
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
        Try this --

        http://www.thescalecard.com/

        Don

      • dpstripe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
          In a message dated 2/26/2006 8:01:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          lbon3002@... writes:

          Hello Z gang im retuning to Z scale and need to know where i can get a
          ruler so i can start building thanks LESLIE

          Another option:

          _http://www.iblproducts.com/roadbed.htm#ZRuler_
          (http://www.iblproducts.com/roadbed.htm#ZRuler)

          Dan S.

        • lbon3002
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
            Hello gang thanks for the fast repy got them both on my favorite list
            thanks LESLIE
          • Jim Thomas
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
              Try Walthers for a General #651 6 inch reference rule.
            • sgt_tim7
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
                One of the best friends a Z scaler could have is a Z scale ruler. I
                have several. The one I use the most is the 6" ruler offered by "the
                Scale Card". It comes in so handy.

                Tim

                http://www.tnt-z.com
              • bambukouk
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
                  > Hello Z gang im retuning to Z scale and need to know where i can get a
                  > ruler so i can start building thanks LESLIE

                  I am new to this :-) so please pardon my ignorance - why do you need
                  "scale ruler"? how does it work? and what are its advantages over
                  normal ruler?
                  thanks Chris
                • sgt_tim7
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
                    A scale ruler gives you a better perception of distance in the scale
                    world you are modeling. Just with everyday measurements in our world,
                    all scales have their equivalent measurements. Can you show me, with
                    your hands, about how long 1 foot or perhaps 1 meter is? Of course
                    you can if you are accustomed to using that type of measuring system.

                    But....... How long is 1 foot of measurement in Z scale? Can you
                    gues-timate the length? How about N scale, or HO scale? How long is
                    1 foot? Difficult to say unless you own a trusty scale ruler.

                    I am Tim, I love my hobby, and I have this knack for scratchbuilding
                    almost anything. When it comes to "Z" scale, I rely heavily on my Z
                    scale rulers. So much so, I am in need of re-ordering another for the
                    one I have is pretty much worn out!

                    Tis' a good thing to have a Z scale ruler handy! That is if you want
                    more than just a oval track, a transformer, a locomotive and a few
                    cars to watch go round-n-round.

                    Tim

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "bambukouk" <bambukouk@...> wrote:

                    > > Hello Z gang im retuning to Z scale and need to know where i can
                    get a
                    > > ruler so i can start building thanks LESLIE
                    >
                    > I am new to this :-) so please pardon my ignorance - why do you need
                    > "scale ruler"? how does it work? and what are its advantages over
                    > normal ruler?
                    > thanks Chris

                  • Don
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
                      ..that is not all. If you are the local antique show or junk store, you
                      just might find in someone else's trash, a "thing" [vehicle; model;
                      building etc] that when measured with a scale card or ruler says "Yes,
                      Proper Size" and you end up with a heirloom for a couple of dollars.

                      Don

                      A scale ruler gives you a better perception of distance in the scale
                      world you are modeling. Just with everyday measurements in our world,
                      all scales have their equivalent measurements. Can you show me, with
                      your hands, about how long 1 foot or perhaps 1 meter is? Of course
                      you can if you are accustomed to using that type of measuring system.

                      But....... How long is 1 foot of measurement in Z scale? Can you
                      gues-timate the length? How about N scale, or HO scale? How long is
                      1 foot? Difficult to say unless you own a trusty scale ruler.

                      I am Tim, I love my hobby, and I have this knack for scratchbuilding
                      almost anything. When it comes to "Z" scale, I rely heavily on my Z
                      scale rulers. So much so, I am in need of re-ordering another for the
                      one I have is pretty much worn out!

                      Tis' a good thing to have a Z scale ruler handy! That is if you want
                      more than just a oval track, a transformer, a locomotive and a few
                      cars to watch go round-n-round.

                      Tim

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "bambukouk" <bambukouk@...> wrote:

                      > > Hello Z gang im retuning to Z scale and need to know where i can
                      get a
                      > > ruler so i can start building thanks LESLIE
                      >
                      > I am new to this :-) so please pardon my ignorance - why do you need
                      > "scale ruler"? how does it work? and what are its advantages over
                      > normal ruler?
                      > thanks Chris

                    • soyboy
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 28, 2006
                        Itty Bitty Lines has a z scale ruler. you can find it at:
                        http://www.internettrains.com/itbilizsctrr.html

                        I find it invaluable for any scale you are working with. I got on from IBL on ebay w/ some
                        cork roadbed. The ruler was a bonus tossed in but turned out to be the best part of the
                        auction.

                        Aron