Re: What Is This Style / Technique?

  • jcubbin@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2001
      Andy,

      The foot and vehicle traffic does make sense. I've also seen this on
      very short sections although I'm not sure that matters.

      The reason I was asking is that due to some damaged ties on a short,
      elevated (sans sub-roadbed) section of my track I decided to try
      something different and thought this idea might work well.

      I wonder what would be a good material to use for this look. Originally
      I considered bass wood strips, but given the tight tolerances under the
      train I would not want the temp/humidity raising any strips. I suppose
      styrene etched and painted would work also.

      Any idea on what material is used when a pavement or concrete look is
      desired?

      Thanks
      John