Horsies Anyone?

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
      Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from AZL!

      http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html

      The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber motor, dual flywheels,
      traction tires, prototype specific details and comes DCC ready. An optional
      snow plow can be used on the front of the locomotive. Anticipated release date is
      late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor for American Z Line

    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006

        > Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from AZL!
        >
        > http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html
        >
        > The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber motor, dual
        flywheels,
        > traction tires, prototype specific details and comes DCC ready. An
        optional
        > snow plow can be used on the front of the locomotive. Anticipated
        release date is
        > late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.
        >
        > Rob Kluz

        Looking mighty good there Mr. Kluz!! Dog gone anyway, all these
        manufacturers are causing a big dollar drain in the national budget.
        How do you expect us to support our beloved? government when we have
        all this Z to buy?

        Let's see, late April.........good grief Charlie Brown, that is only 6
        weeks away!! How many pop cans must I turn in to get my first loco?
        Better start scrounging the hiways and biways for all the discarded
        cans.....Oregon pays 5 cents per can. So, 5 cents into about $200.00
        goes about 4,000 times! Yikes......if I find 5 cans a day, that will
        take me 800 days!.........aaggghhhhh!

        It isn't the meat packers that should have won the $350 million...it
        should have been me, or Jim, Adam, Don, Michael, or anyone else in Z
        scale,...but meat packers?..what do they know about spending money wisely?

        Can you elaborate on what road names, how soon, etc?
        OBTW, any price around $150 would be super, but I'm not holding my
        breath.....I look funny in blue!

        Loren
      • Phil
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
          Wow,

          I do like me some horsies! Looks really nice Rob!! Are those
          wheels blackened, or is it just the way the shadow falls over them?

          I'd better start saving now - between the Cats and Horses, my z
          scale budget is draining very quickly!!

          Thanks for the pictures!!

          Phil

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
            Loren,

            The first release will be SD70M for NS & UP. Also released at the same time
            will be SD75Is for the CNR. As for pricing, we have not set a final price. I am
            estimating in the $225.00 range. There are a lot of 'extras' on these
            beauties including brass details and side panels that make them a little different
            from your average injection locomotive!

            As soon as I have final pricing and roadnumber information, I will send out a
            post. I am taking preorders from Ztrack subscribers for the first run. Please
            contact me offline to be added to the list. If you are not a Ztrack
            subscriber, contact one of our fine AZL dealers and they can assist you.

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
              Phil,

              Those are blackened wheels. Look closely and you will see they match the
              distinctive look of the prototype.

              Rob

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              http://www.ztrack.com/
              Distributor for American Z Line

            • Kez
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
                LATE April, huh? Darn, Darn.........

                Will AZL be releasing different road numbers? If so, I'd like to go ahead and
                put two horsies on order. Just send me the bill. :)

                Bryan Keyser

                > Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from AZL!
                >
                > http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html
                >
                > The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber motor, dual flywheels,
                > traction tires, prototype specific details and comes DCC ready. An optional
                > snow plow can be used on the front of the locomotive. Anticipated release date
                is
                > late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.
                >
                > Rob Kluz
                >

                > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                > Dublin, OH 43016
                > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                > http://www.ztrack.com/
                > Distributor for American Z Line
              • John & Sue Bartolotto
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 24, 2006
                  Fantastic Rob!!!! This is the first NS loco in Z isn't it?

                  John Bartolotto

                  Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from AZL!

                  http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html

                  The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber motor, dual flywheels,
                  traction tires, prototype specific details and comes DCC ready. An optional
                  snow plow can be used on the front of the locomotive. Anticipated release
                  date is
                  late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.

                  Rob Kluz

                  Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  Dublin, OH 43016
                  phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                  http://www.ztrack.com/
                  Distributor for American Z Line

                  ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
                  +scale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=cXB1Ga_X2-zd9aMFU1yfUg> scale
                  model train

                  Ho
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ho+scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+t
                  rain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=
                  Z+scale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=TTPs3cRigKkiJFA5AnOMzg> scale
                  model train

                  Model
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Model+train+n+scale&w1=G+scale+model+tr
                  ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
                  +scale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=5hwQLjKDTyNn46FmsYmaNA> train
                  n scale

                  Scale
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scale+model+train&w1=G+scale+model+trai
                  n&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+s
                  cale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=DGChfvgICl8aWrmpg-3t2A> model
                  train

                  ain&w2=Ho+scale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z
                  +scale+model+train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=asFDPOLBdnIdTvU0Xqmj9g> scale
                  model train

                  ale+model+train&w3=Model+train+n+scale&w4=Scale+model+train&w5=Z+scale+model
                  +train&w6=Z+scale&c=6&s=137&.sig=ZzEEY_L3TMKeiRW3T6PuXw> scale

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  " on the web.

                  _____

                • Phil
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this is the 3rd NS
                    Loco in Z. There was the C40-9W (brass) and the SD40-2 (brass also).
                    The SD70M is the first one in plastic.

                    The Dash 9's are all but sold out, though you MIGHT still be able to
                    find one in some dealer's stock. The SD40-2's are still in stock, I
                    believe. I have one of the Dash 9's, and I've been contemplating
                    getting one of the SD40-2's. I just can't, as of yet, bring myself to
                    part with that much $ for another brass unit. Maybe if they're still
                    in stock after next year's tax refund! <smile>

                    Good Night All!

                    - Phil

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John & Sue Bartolotto" <jsbart@...>

                  • ztrack@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                      In a message dated 2/25/06 2:27:56 AM, jsbart@... writes:

                      > This is the first NS loco in Z isn't it?

                      AZL has also released NS C40-9Ws and SD40-2s. AZL is sold out of the C40s,
                      but the SD40-2s are still available.

                      I run these two locomotives together and they are a great team!

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                        Yes, AZL will be offering different roadnumbers. I have not heard officially
                        how many numbers will be released.

                        Rob

                        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                        Dublin, OH 43016
                        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                        http://www.ztrack.com/
                        Distributor for American Z Line

                      • de Champeaux Dominique
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                          --- ztrack@... a écrit :

                          > Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from
                          > AZL!
                          >
                          > http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html
                          >
                          > The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber
                          > motor, dual flywheels,
                          > traction tires, prototype specific details and comes
                          > DCC ready. An optional
                          > snow plow can be used on the front of the
                          > locomotive. Anticipated release date is
                          > late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.
                          >
                          > Rob Kluz

                          Hi Rob, I can't wait anymore! But prior to rush on the
                          first samples as soon as they are available, I've just
                          another technical question: on each truck, is the
                          medium axle unpowered as like on the other AZLs, or is
                          it powered like a true CC loco?

                          Dominique

                        • Adam Amick
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                            At some point you could have three different SD70s in NS paint...

                            A standard-cab former Conrail unit (Conrail paint with NS numbers?)
                            A wide-cab NS unit (first release)
                            A wide-cab NS with flared radiators (horsehead logo)

                            Then of course there's the SD70M-2... (horsehead logo)

                            FOUR!!!

                            *golf ball goes bouncing by*

                            Adam

                            > Yes, AZL will be offering different roadnumbers. I have not heard
                            officially
                            > how many numbers will be released.
                            >
                            > Rob
                            >

                            > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                            > Dublin, OH 43016
                            > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                            > http://www.ztrack.com/
                            > Distributor for American Z Line

                          • Keith Nelsen
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                              Loren,

                              Bring your cans to Michigan, we pay 10 cents per can. You can double
                              your money
                              or get two locos

                              Keith

                              loren snyder wrote:

                              >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@... wrote:
                              >

                              >>Okay NS fans, here is your photo of the SD70M from AZL!
                              >>
                              >>http://www.ztrack.com/mrtsbcatpgs/amerzlines.html
                              >>
                              >>The locomotive features LED lighting, 8mm Faulhauber motor, dual
                              >>

                              >flywheels,
                              >

                              >>traction tires, prototype specific details and comes DCC ready. An
                              >>

                              >optional
                              >

                              >>snow plow can be used on the front of the locomotive. Anticipated
                              >>

                              >release date is
                              >

                              >>late April. Pricing has not been set at this time.
                              >>
                              >>Rob Kluz
                              >>

                              >Looking mighty good there Mr. Kluz!! Dog gone anyway, all these
                              >manufacturers are causing a big dollar drain in the national budget.
                              >How do you expect us to support our beloved? government when we have
                              >all this Z to buy?
                              >
                              >Let's see, late April.........good grief Charlie Brown, that is only 6
                              >weeks away!! How many pop cans must I turn in to get my first loco?
                              >Better start scrounging the hiways and biways for all the discarded
                              >cans.....Oregon pays 5 cents per can. So, 5 cents into about $200.00
                              >goes about 4,000 times! Yikes......if I find 5 cans a day, that will
                              >take me 800 days!.........aaggghhhhh!
                              >
                              >It isn't the meat packers that should have won the $350 million...it
                              >should have been me, or Jim, Adam, Don, Michael, or anyone else in Z
                              >scale,...but meat packers?..what do they know about spending money wisely?
                              >
                              >Can you elaborate on what road names, how soon, etc?
                              >OBTW, any price around $150 would be super, but I'm not holding my
                              >breath.....I look funny in blue!
                              >
                              >Loren
                              >

                              >Z-scale: minimum siZe, MAXIMUM enjoyment!
                              >
                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • de Champeaux Dominique
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                                --- John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart@...> a
                                écrit :

                                > Fantastic Rob!!!! This is the first NS loco in Z
                                > isn't it?

                                No, there has been a Dash 9 with these colours (I've
                                got one, and I love it, especially when I embed it in
                                an ATSF/BNSF or an UP lashup!).

                                Dominique

                              • randy smidt
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 25, 2006
                                  Adam,

                                  Didn't NS have standard cab SD70's before the Conrail merger, too?

                                  Randy

                                  Adam Amick <aa5821@...> wrote:
                                  At some point you could have three different SD70s in NS paint...

                                  A standard-cab former Conrail unit (Conrail paint with NS numbers?)
                                  A wide-cab NS unit (first release)
                                  A wide-cab NS with flared radiators (horsehead logo)

                                  Then of course there's the SD70M-2... (horsehead logo)

                                  FOUR!!!

                                  *golf ball goes bouncing by*

                                  Adam

                                  > Yes, AZL will be offering different roadnumbers. I have not heard
                                  officially
                                  > how many numbers will be released.
                                  >
                                  > Rob
                                  >

                                  > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                                  > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                                  > Dublin, OH 43016
                                  > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                                  > http://www.ztrack.com/
                                  > Distributor for American Z Line

                                  G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 26, 2006
                                    In a message dated 2/25/06 11:25:22 AM, ddechamp71@... writes:

                                    > n each truck, is the
                                    > medium axle unpowered as like on the other AZLs, or is
                                    > it powered like a true CC loco?

                                    I am not sure. I have not seen a locomotive yet. I am hoping to test one next
                                    month and I will have more information then.