No digest

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2001
      I have not received a digest since April 30.

      Bill

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2001
        Jeffrey,
        Ever since Yahoo grabbed up this egroup it has been
        a very unpleasant experience. I have noticed that a lot of Zeds
        have dropped out. I know that funding for this service must
        come from somewhere but Yahoo has done a very poor job
        so far.

        Cheers anyway!
        Reynard

        [www.newaydirect.com]

      • jmac_han@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2001
          Hi Reynard,

          I'm truly sorry that you feel that your experience with Z_Scale has
          been unpleasant under the Yahoogroups banner.

          I know that having to provide a Yahoo ID was not welcomed by
          anyone on the list when the changeover happened but I have
          been working hard to help smooth the transition for those of our
          members who were unfamiliar with Yahoo's mechanism.

          As I recall, eGroups occasionally ran into reliability issues and I
          have found that Yahoogroups has been at least as reliable if not
          more so in the time that our group has been hosted here.

          It is true that some members have chosen to leave Z_Scale. It is
          also true that a much larger number have joined, over 100 new
          members since the beginning of the year. Hopefully this trend
          will continue.

          Personally, I enjoy the list immensely otherwise I wouldn't invest
          my time trying to improve the content and the presentation (within
          the limits of an egroup format, of course). Your comments
          demonstrate that there is room for improvement and I agree
          wholeheartedly. I would be very happy to hear suggestions on
          how to make the list more rewarding.

          Please share your thoughts with me directly since I would like to
          maintain a positive atmosphere on the list. I will be happy to
          post a summary of the suggestions that I receive.

          Best regards,
          Jeffrey

          --- In z_scale@y..., Reynard Wellman <micron@m...> wrote:
          > Jeffrey,
          > Ever since Yahoo grabbed up this egroup it has been
          > a very unpleasant experience. I have noticed that a lot of Zeds
          > have dropped out. I know that funding for this service must
          > come from somewhere but Yahoo has done a very poor job
          > so far.
          >
          > Cheers anyway!
          > Reynard
        • Jeffrey MacHan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2001
            I think that Yahoogroups.com has been having some trouble with the message
            archives. Several of my messages took several days to appear and now I'm
            receiving messages from the list that are several days old. I don't know if
            the daily digests are being delayed as well. Hopefully the list services
            will get back to normal shortly if not already.

            JRM

            >From: Bill <sherlockmail@...>
            >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [z_scale] No digest
            >Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 07:31:35 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >I have not received a digest since April 30.
            >
            >Bill

          • Gary Klouda
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2001
              Since Yahoo took over they have said that my E-mail address is not
              compatible with their system, and that I am only allowed to be an E-mail
              subscriber, no access to the site for pictures, polls, etc. (in other
              words, a Second Class Citizen) until I change my E-mail address. There's
              NO WAY those @#$%&*! Yahoos are going to be able to force me to change
              my E-mail address, and every day that goes by that Yahoo treats me like
              one just increases the ABSOLUTE HATRED I feel toward them. And this is
              supposed to be a hobby, for relaxing... - Gary