Re: DCC Operation from PC

  • kim@blueneptune.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2001
      Grahm,
      I am using Digitrax DCC. I selected Digitrax for the DZ121 decoder for
      Z scale and all the other advanced functions that you can think of in
      DCC and it is only available in Digitrax. I also selected Railroad &
      Co because it supports other external hardware while talking with
      loconet. You can use it as a link from digitrax loconet to I/O cards.
      I am using Oaktree hardware for switches, crossing gate flashers,
      lighting etc etc much cheaper than using DS54
      Check
      http://www.oaktreesystems.com/
      If I get full transponding setup done than I can set a higher
      priority to the Ludwig train than the goods train, so when a goods
      train comes to a signal crossing the goods will be stopped for the
      Ludwig train to pass, the possibilities for automation are endless and
      you dont need to learn to program.....
      I have not used the software extensively, since my layout is still in
      progress but I belive using RR&co all train settings can be saved, you
      can automate the layout, you can also tell the software to randomely
      automate the layout, you can also program to customize to any level
      you want including custom graphics.
      Check out
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/railroadandco
      You can post any questions on RR&co in this group, the folks here are
      very friendly too.
      Feel free to post any more questions you have to this group, we like
      to encourage DCC in Z scale and we can also help you by sharing our
      experience in DCC esp. installing decoders.
      Kim

      --- In z_scale@y..., "Graham Starkey" <squeak@o...> wrote:
      > Hi.
      >
      > A further question about the various types of DCC operation of Z. Do
      > any/all/some of them provide a way (as does the Märklin HO system)
      for