Re: [z_scale] DCC Operation from PC

  • A H-Ellary
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 10:05 AM
      hi there looked at rr&co but did not like the way there is no database to
      sore the loco settings so if you close a loco window its settings are lost

      and the programming language has allowed me to automate my traverser too

      A H-Ellary the mad UK Z'er with digitrax Chief + winlok 2.1

      now with added web page www.nccnet.co.uk/ahellary
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 10:27 PM
        Grahm,
        I am using Digitrax DCC. I selected Digitrax for the DZ121 decoder for
        Z scale and all the other advanced functions that you can think of in
        DCC and it is only available in Digitrax. I also selected Railroad &
        Co because it supports other external hardware while talking with
        loconet. You can use it as a link from digitrax loconet to I/O cards.
        I am using Oaktree hardware for switches, crossing gate flashers,
        lighting etc etc much cheaper than using DS54
        Check
        http://www.oaktreesystems.com/
        If I get full transponding setup done than I can set a higher
        priority to the Ludwig train than the goods train, so when a goods
        train comes to a signal crossing the goods will be stopped for the
        Ludwig train to pass, the possibilities for automation are endless and
        you dont need to learn to program.....
        I have not used the software extensively, since my layout is still in
        progress but I belive using RR&co all train settings can be saved, you
        can automate the layout, you can also tell the software to randomely
        automate the layout, you can also program to customize to any level
        you want including custom graphics.
        Check out
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/railroadandco
        You can post any questions on RR&co in this group, the folks here are
        very friendly too.
        Feel free to post any more questions you have to this group, we like
        to encourage DCC in Z scale and we can also help you by sharing our
        experience in DCC esp. installing decoders.
        Kim