Re: [z_scale] coreless motors

  • John Jabour
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29 5:08 PM
      Dominique
      There has been much discussion on this topic (I'm not sure
      if it was this list or the Digitrax list). Some people have said that
      coreless motors don't run well on pulse power and that they
      run hot on pulse power. This has not been my experience
      (and others). I run my Rogue engine and a couple of engines
      that I have scratch built using Faulhaber 8mm motors on
      either pulse DC or DCC (which is PWM DC) without a problem.
      I usually run them at a slow speed (which is supposted to be the
      worst for coreless motors on pulse power) for hours at a time
      without overheating or any other problems. Some of the
      technical people on the list explained that all coreless motors
      aren't the same.
      John