collection for sale

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 14, 2006
      Ztrack received the following e-mail concerning a collection for sale. The
      following text is the forwarded message. Disclaimer, I cannot vouch for the
      collection or the sellers and I forward this e-mail as a courtesy. - Rob Kluz

      To whom it may concern

      We own a Märklin train model build hand made 1970-1982.
      Specification:
      •    Area approximately 30meter square
      •    12 logo motives
      •    1 highway
      •    Teleferic
      •    3 mountains
      •    3 tunnels
      •    6 stations
      •    5 bridges
      •    3 watermills
      •    Dvd available upon request

      This model is for sale, please let us know if you are interested.
      Otherwise we would be very grateful if you can tell us where we may sell it.
      Please contact us on nkarou@...

      Best regards
      Nick and Gaith
      e-mail: nkarou@...

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      http://www.ztrack.com/
      Distributor for American Z Line

    • Micheal
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
        Hello everyone!
        My name is Giorgio and I'm writing from Italy.
        I'm new in this forum but I decided to join it because I have to sell my grandfather marklin z collection and I think this is the greater place for doing it.
        The reason why my grandfather wants to sell it is because he bought it long time ago but he actually never used it.
        I hope is not gonna be a problem if I post this message in this part of the forum, and I apology in advance if I make somebody upset.
        Any way here is the list of what I have to sell

        LOCOMOTIVES

        8847
        8801
        39
        51
        22
        50
        53
        55
        56
        27

        WAGONS

        8663
        25
        27
        11
        12
        13
        52
        53
        21
        26

        PAGGENGER CARS

        8741 x2
        22
        16
        17
        20 x2
        18
        23
        38
        36
        37 x2
        25
        40
        81
        82

        TRACKS AND ACCESSORIES

        8190
        8194
        8592 X7
        8531
        8993
        8529 X4
        8559
        8560
        8567
        8564 X2
        8598 X2
        8999 X11
        8957 X5
        8992
        6701 X2
        8960
        8963
        8918

        START SET

        8180 S
        8158

        I checked with a local mailboxes and the shipping cost for a 1,2 or may be 3 wagons is $30 for the USA. So is not that expensive.
        Hope everybody enjoyed it.
        Giorgio
      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
          Giorgio,

          I can assure you that $30.00 to ship a couple of cars is very expensive
          since they all fit in a very small package and weigh very little. Are you
          sure the post office gave you correct information? I ship to Italy for a
          whole lot less than $30.00. Not trying to cause you trouble, but I know
          most will balk at paying more for shipping than reasonable.

          Maybe I am mistaken, and if so, then someone correct me please, but $30.00
          seems very high to me.

          Any comments?

          Loren

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
            HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL

            I would have to agree with Loren, other then the postage maybe custom fees,
            none the less seems pricey

            Dave Mummery

            <http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/>
            http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/

            _____

            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
              Indeed. You should be able to pack everything and ship for that price

              Sent from my Windows Phone
              ------------------------------

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                *Loren charges me $30 when he or Karin personally deliver from Oregon to
                Ohio, otherwise they cram everything into a small postal box for about $6.
                Regarding Customs, I thought some countries had no Customs on toy trains -
                and these are USED toy trains.

                ...don

                *

                *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

              • Micheal
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                  The $30( 25 euros) that I mentioned is for a Fedex shipping.And they have all the same price as far as they fit in the big enveloppe and weight less then 500 grams.That's why I said 3 locomotives.
                  I can send it with a regular, not trackable box and is going to cost 8 euros but is going to take around 2 weeks and then as I told is not trackable, there is no problem for me, the only thing was that I tought people prefer to track their items.
                  I want just to remind that I'm from Italy so the person is talking about in US shipping probably did not read the message with attention.
                  I don't want to get any money from the shipping, the day I go to the post office I pay what they ask for.
                  Happy new year

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Dave Mummery <d_mummery@...> wrote:

                  > HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL
                  >

                  > I would have to agree with Loren, other then the postage maybe custom fees,
                  > none the less seems pricey
                  >

                  > Dave Mummery
                  >
                  > <http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/>
                  > http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
                  >

                  > _____

                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                    Don,

                    You need to clarify that the $30.00 I charged you was for actual product
                    value that we brought to you when Karin came to Ohio.

                    I don't want to be painted as a highway robber when the post office already
                    has that title sewed up nicely..... :o)

                    Just teasing postal workers.

                    Loren

                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                      Mr. Don Avila,
                        I have been dealing with Loren for several years now and also his wife Karin. He has always treted me fair and never overcharges on his shipping. I just received a box from him, oh Loren I'll be sending you a PO M.O. next week for that order, I haven't forgot you we've had company and a mess. When I was into N scale 1994 thru 2006 most of (99%) my stuff came from a Tex-N-Rails of Miami,Florida and would send it to my PO Box address COD, the PO rule is if it comes to your PO Box COD you have 30 days to pick it up, and back then they charged me more s&h than what Loren charges now.

                      Lee Barry Bristol,Va.

                      ps: Loren & Karin, keep up the good work and have a Happy New Year (but watch out for what you're doing when it turns a hair after midnight as you might have to do it in 2012. LB

                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                        *Barry:

                        You pulled in at the end of an inside joke -- which Loren responded to
                        properly. Both Loren AND Karin have been in my home several times and my
                        wife and I have been in their home several times. Loren has STAYED in my
                        home over night several times. Long story as to how and why.

                        Bottom line, you misunderstood the various comments(s)

                        You are forgiven.

                        ...don

                        *
                        On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Mr. Don Avila,
                        > I have been dealing with Loren for several years now and also his wife
                        > Karin. He has always treted me fair and never overcharges on his shipping.
                        > I just received a box from him, oh Loren I'll be sending you a PO M.O. next
                        > week for that order, I haven't forgot you we've had company and a mess.
                        > When I was into N scale 1994 thru 2006 most of (99%) my stuff came from a
                        > Tex-N-Rails of Miami,Florida and would send it to my PO Box address COD,
                        > the PO rule is if it comes to your PO Box COD you have 30 days to pick it
                        > up, and back then they charged me more s&h than what Loren charges now.
                        >
                        > Lee Barry Bristol,Va.
                        >
                        > ps: Loren & Karin, keep up the good work and have a Happy New Year (but
                        > watch out for what you're doing when it turns a hair after midnight as you
                        > might have to do it in 2012. LB

                        *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

                      • Loren Snyder
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                          Barry,

                          Sorry you thought Don was hitting me over the head. Don's right, it is an
                          inside joke and we are good friends. I know you meant well and I thank you
                          for your concern. If some of us didn't rib each other on occasion, life
                          would be so boring and dry.

                          Tell you what,......let's all of us Z scale modelers strive diligently this
                          new year to be uplifting and supportive of everyone in our Z family.

                          Let's do all we can to show Z in such a positive light that it makes folks
                          sit up and take notice and actually admire the camaraderie we have. Maybe
                          they will even be a mite jealous, suppose?

                          I love to hear how the ZoCal boys include 'everyone' in their shows and don
                          t sit around their own little campfire as though they were something super
                          duper and above mixing with the crowds. Using ZoCal as an example, it is
                          attitudes like ZoCal's that make them so successful. And to think, our own
                          West coast fuzzy wuzzy, Jim Manley led the charge down into smog bound
                          Southern California and got all the wagons headed in the right direction and
                          the rest is history as they say. Thank you Mr Manley for your pioneering
                          spirit.

                          I say this unabashedly, I think we Z scalers are a special bunch. We may
                          be small in numbers and size, but we sure know how to include folks at train
                          shows and also are able to show off some marvelous workmanship that makes
                          others shake their heads and wonder how we do it.

                          Come to think of it.....just how do we do it when it is so darned small?

                          The older I get the more challenging Z becomes.

                          How about it Z friends, are we all up for the challenge in 2012?

                          Happy new year to all and let's make 2012 the best year Z has ever had.

                          Still looking for my Geritol and magnifying loops,

                          Loren

                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                            What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

                            Sent from my iBrain

                          • Loren Snyder
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                              I should have known it, as soon as I mention ZoCal, John pops out from
                              behind the bushes and begins his mad dash for insanity.

                              John, relax, you have already won, hands down. Actually there was no
                              competition with you running.

                              Karin gives me enough lumps as it is......thank you very much. Go pick on
                              someone your own size and don't forget to clean the track before the next
                              show. Now there is a good idea...let's make John the PTCO. That's
                              permanent track cleaning orderly to you John.. :o)

                              Happy new year to all,

                              Loren

                              What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

                            • Jeff
                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 31, 2011
                                Remember guys, this Post is from a guy in Italy selling his Grandpa's trains.

                                Jeff M
                                SF Bay Area Z

                                What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

                              • Lindley Ruddick

                                  What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

                                • Micheal Franti
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                    Thank you very much Jeff!!!
                                    I was just thinking what happen about my trains!!!And then your message appears!!!
                                    Grandpa's train...no one??
                                    Happy new year everybody from Italy
                                    Giorgio

                                    ________________________________
                                    Remember guys, this Post is from a guy in Italy selling his Grandpa's trains.

                                    Jeff M
                                    SF Bay Area Z

                                    What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

                                  • Horse
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                      Loren,
                                      You have expressed my problems at age 81. I have an intention tremor which gets in the way of my passsion for Z scale since 1977.
                                      With sadness I have given almost all of my collection to Rob Kluz for disposition. My attachment was so bad that I shipped boxes withour openeing to ensure that I did not get senimental and keep some.

                                      Tnhe best of 2012 tto you and Karin,

                                      Howard

                                      (typping wwith a tremor is a challenge!)

                                      --

                                      > The older I get the more challenging Z becomes.
                                      >
                                      > How about it Z friends, are we all up for the challenge in 2012?
                                      >
                                      > Happy new year to all and let's make 2012 the best year Z has ever had.
                                      >
                                      > Still looking for my Geritol and magnifying loops,
                                      >
                                      > Loren

                                    • Lee Barry
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                        I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Lee Barry

                                        You pulled in at the end of an inside joke -- which Loren responded to
                                        properly.  Both Loren AND Karin have been in my home several times and my
                                        wife and I have been in their home several times.  Loren has STAYED in my
                                        home over night several times.  Long story as to how and why.

                                        Bottom line, you misunderstood the various comments(s)

                                        You are forgiven.

                                        ...don

                                        *
                                        On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

                                        > **
                                        >

                                        > Mr. Don Avila,
                                        >   I have been dealing with Loren for several years now and also his wife
                                        > Karin. He has always treted me fair and never overcharges on his shipping.
                                        > I just received a box from him, oh Loren I'll be sending you a PO M.O. next
                                        > week for that order, I haven't forgot you we've had company and a mess.
                                        > When I was into N scale 1994 thru 2006 most of (99%) my stuff came from a
                                        > Tex-N-Rails of Miami,Florida and would send it to my PO Box address COD,
                                        > the PO rule is if it comes to your PO Box COD you have 30 days to pick it
                                        > up, and back then they charged me more s&h than what Loren charges now.
                                        >
                                        > Lee Barry Bristol,Va.
                                        >
                                        > ps: Loren & Karin, keep up the good work and have a Happy New Year (but
                                        > watch out for what you're doing when it turns a hair after midnight as you
                                        > might have to do it in 2012. LB

                                        *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

                                      • Lee Barry
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                          Will he come here to my house and clean my track?

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                            I know what you mean. I am only 65 and sometimes my right hand shakes so much I can't type or use the mouse. I am neither an acholic, swore that stuff off 40 years ago, nor am I a smoker, never used the stuff, nor a drug addict other than what is prescribed by my VA doctor. Lee Barry

                                            You have expressed my problems at age 81. I have an intention tremor which gets in the way of my passsion for Z scale since 1977.
                                            With sadness I have given almost all of my collection to Rob Kluz for disposition. My attachment was so bad that I shipped boxes withour openeing to ensure that I did not get senimental and keep some.

                                            Tnhe best of 2012 tto you and Karin,

                                            Howard

                                            (typping wwith a tremor is a challenge!)

                                            --

                                            > The older I get the more challenging Z becomes.
                                            >
                                            > How about it Z friends, are we all up for the challenge in 2012?
                                            >
                                            > Happy new year to all and let's make 2012 the best year Z has ever had.
                                            >
                                            > Still looking for my Geritol and magnifying loops,
                                            >
                                            > Loren

                                          • Larry
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                              I don't know if Italy charges an export tax but I do know that new or
                                              used model train items and duty into the US.

                                              A few years ago, I had a total of $1500 worth of trains and was not
                                              charged a thing.

                                              Larry Donsbach
                                              San Antonio, TX
                                            • richard
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                                Hi All
                                                You have to look at his shipping from Europe, it's not the same as using the post office here in the US. When I order from Aspen it costs 40 Euro or about 52 dollars right now with the Euro were it is right now. That is for one car or ten. German post uses DHL which is like UPS here and it cost. Plus you lose tracking as soon as it transfer to the US postal system. For my Aspen shipments that is in Frankfort,Germany were it get a USPS Priority number which they don't pass on. So his 30 is not that far of.
                                                rich
                                                www.rslaserkits.com

                                                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David Ammerlaan <daafies@...> wrote:

                                                > Indeed. You should be able to pack everything and ship for that price
                                                >
                                                > Sent from my Windows Phone
                                                > ------------------------------

                                              • Loren Snyder
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                                  Hey guys,

                                                  I didn't mean to start a fire storm and get things off center. The initial
                                                  cost just took me by surprise since I only know the system from this end and
                                                  don't import. So with that said, I apologize for taking the attention away
                                                  from Giorgio's efforts to dispose of his grandfather's collection. I guess
                                                  it is a matter of us not liking certain things which we have no power or
                                                  control over.

                                                  The shipping costs are what they are and I accept that.

                                                  Giorgio, I wish you every success in getting the collection sold with as
                                                  little trouble as possible.

                                                  All the best,
                                                  Loren

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                                                    Thank you Loren
                                                    your message was such a great message to read January 1st!!So nice and polite, in Italy people sometime don't understand how to be polite in forums!!!
                                                    Said that, now I can say that the price for 1 2 or 3 wagos it will be 25 euros with FEDEX because they fit in the 500 grams but will be trackable. If you don't want the tracking number the price will as low as 8 euros untill 2 kilos

                                                    But, the thing that I want is find a place for my granpa's trains.
                                                    We will talk about shipping later!!!
                                                    Just take a look of the list i posted, if anyone need something or have questions...I am here!
                                                    Ciao