Heavy Weight Passenger Cars Best Option!

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      With the introduction of the Acrylic RP machines, the best viable
      option to have Heavy Weight Passenger Cars built is by use of the RP
      method. The price per car might exceed the $40 each mark but the
      detail would be well worth the $$$$.

      When it comes to the Three Axle Truck problem, the RP machine could
      come to the rescue their also. 3 axle truck frames could be
      fabricated with a drop in design that would accept 1 1/2 regular MTL
      trucks. I mean a slot would accept a full 2 axle truck and half of
      a truck cut precisely to allow one axle to remain. The 3 axle truck
      frame is nothing more than a carrier for the MTL trucks. Icing on
      the cake!

      The only person who might be able to tackle this project would be
      Mark Gasson in New Zealand. If he can put the same quantity of
      detail into a Heavy Weight as he did into the 50' Waffle side
      boxcar, you guys would keep him busy!

      Any comments? Suggestions? Ideas?

      If I try to tackle such a task as scratch building several long
      heavy weight passenger cars they would be cast resin with some brass
      details. Time Consuming! Very much so.

      Now, if the same deal is struck up when someone else makes the
      bodies and I cast the Roofs, then that is OK!

      Chew on this awhile then comment if you dare! :)

      Tim