RE: [Z_Scale] MTL February releases

  • Don
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1 8:01 AM
      Give 'em a break. It is only 7:18 am THEIR time based on your message
      of 10:18 am EST. To them they are still in the sack and Feb 1 isn't
      quite here yet.

      Don

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1 10:30 AM
        > True, some
        > things we under
        > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the
        > side of excess
        > production.

        Mmh..Joe, that's sad, because a few years ago, when
        you still had the modern 50' boxcar mold, I tried to
        pass an order of 40 of these wearing the BN
        paintscheme, via my local dealer....What a mistake!
        Apparently my dealer failed to send you the order, or
        maybe it was lost at MTL headquarters, but anyway I
        didn't ever receive my order!

        So if one of these days MTL plans to remanufacture
        these molds, I'm still your customer for these!

        Dominique

      • Joe DAmato
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1 10:32 AM
          Randy,

          I'm trying to get releases posed before the first of the month,
          hopefully something will come of it.

          Joe

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

          > Joe, Didn't the first releases of the Husky Stacks sell out with in
          a couple of days. As you said though, MTL did rerelease the TTX's
          rather quickly. That surprised me, but I was happy that it happened
          (both selling out and the quick rerelease).

          > Randy
          >
          > Joe DAmato <shipsure2003@y...> wrote:
          > Malcom,
          >
          > I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
          > problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not
          the
          > case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale
          that
          > once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you
          how
          > many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
          > they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
          > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
          > production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
          > the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
          > song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
          > trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
          > building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
          > wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
          > ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
          > prudent.
          >
          > Two points:
          >
          > 1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.
          >
          > 2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.
          >
          > Sorry for the heat.
          >
          > Joe
          > MTL
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Zeds,
          > >
          > > Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not
          > posted the
          > > February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members
          indicates
          > that
          > > the February flyer has been received by some people. What's
          wrong
          > with
          > > this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases
          > immediately,
          > > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
          > should go
          > > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in
          > timely
          > > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
          > justify a
          > > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to
          the
          > well
          > > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always
          wrong"
          > (taught
          > > in the Enron school of business).
          > >
          > > CheerZ,
          > > --Malcolm Z

          > G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n
          scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

          Service.

        • randy smidt
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1 10:45 AM
            Thanks, that's the one I was hoping for. Of course, now I have to go back and adjust my budget. ;-)

            Randy

            "www.zscalemonster.com" <anthony@...> wrote:
            Randy,

            I missed your question.
            The CN is the CN Mineral Red double door with Green doors. The logo
            is the "Wet Noodle" style.

            Anthony
            http://www.zscalemonster.com/
            <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

            > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
            did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".