RE: [Z_Scale] MTL February releases

  • Don
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
      Give 'em a break. It is only 7:18 am THEIR time based on your message
      of 10:18 am EST. To them they are still in the sack and Feb 1 isn't
      quite here yet.

      Don

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
        Joe, Didn't the first releases of the Husky Stacks sell out with in a couple of days. As you said though, MTL did rerelease the TTX's rather quickly. That surprised me, but I was happy that it happened (both selling out and the quick rerelease).

        Randy

        Joe DAmato <shipsure2003@...> wrote:
        Malcom,

        I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
        problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not the
        case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale that
        once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you how
        many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
        they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
        estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
        production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
        the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
        song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
        trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
        building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
        wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
        ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
        prudent.

        Two points:

        1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.

        2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.

        Sorry for the heat.

        Joe
        MTL

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>
        wrote:

        > Zeds,
        >
        > Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not
        posted the
        > February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members indicates
        that
        > the February flyer has been received by some people. What's wrong
        with
        > this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases
        immediately,
        > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
        should go
        > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in a
        timely
        > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
        justify a
        > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to the
        well
        > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always wrong"
        (taught
        > in the Enron school of business).
        >
        > CheerZ,
        > --Malcolm Z

        G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

      • de Champeaux Dominique
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
          > True, some
          > things we under
          > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the
          > side of excess
          > production.

          Mmh..Joe, that's sad, because a few years ago, when
          you still had the modern 50' boxcar mold, I tried to
          pass an order of 40 of these wearing the BN
          paintscheme, via my local dealer....What a mistake!
          Apparently my dealer failed to send you the order, or
          maybe it was lost at MTL headquarters, but anyway I
          didn't ever receive my order!

          So if one of these days MTL plans to remanufacture
          these molds, I'm still your customer for these!

          Dominique

        • Joe DAmato
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
            Randy,

            I'm trying to get releases posed before the first of the month,
            hopefully something will come of it.

            Joe

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

> [...]
            > immediately,
            > > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
            > should go
            > > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in
            > timely
            > > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
            > justify a
            > > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to
            the
            > well
            > > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always
            wrong"
            > (taught
            > > in the Enron school of business).
            > >
            > > CheerZ,
            > > --Malcolm Z

            > G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n
            scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

            Service.

          • randy smidt
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
              Thanks, that's the one I was hoping for. Of course, now I have to go back and adjust my budget. ;-)

              Randy

              "www.zscalemonster.com" <anthony@...> wrote:
              Randy,

              I missed your question.
              The CN is the CN Mineral Red double door with Green doors. The logo
              is the "Wet Noodle" style.

              Anthony
              http://www.zscalemonster.com/
              <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

              > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
              did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".