RE: [Z_Scale] MTL February releases

  • Don
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
      Give 'em a break. It is only 7:18 am THEIR time based on your message
      of 10:18 am EST. To them they are still in the sack and Feb 1 isn't
      quite here yet.

      Don

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
        Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?

        Thanks,
        Adam

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@c...> wrote:

        > Hi Joel,
        >
        > When I saw the new flyer from MTL I thought of you since I believe
        you
        > like CN. If you email me I can send you pictures, (though lousy)
        from
        > MTL's new flyer.
        > Loren

      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
          Smokey Bear GP35
          FEC Gunderson Husky
          GN 40' boxcar
          CN 40' boxcar

          Tim

        • www.zscalemonster.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
            You can see the February releases on http://www.zscalemonster.com/ .
            I don't have the best pictures but there are some for now.

            Anthony
            http://www.zscalemonster.com/
            <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

            "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:

            > Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Adam
          • randy smidt
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
              Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

              I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the older transition era scheme?

              Randy Smidt

              "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:

              > Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Adam

              G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                Randy,

                It is possible that the pictures have not propagated through the
                local servers in your area. You can also try refreshing your window,
                when the page is open. A push of the F5 button usually fixes the
                problem.

                Let me know.
                Anthony
                http://www.zscalemonster.com/
                <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

                > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
                did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

                > I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the
                older transition era scheme?

                > Randy Smidt
              • randy smidt
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                  Joe, Didn't the first releases of the Husky Stacks sell out with in a couple of days. As you said though, MTL did rerelease the TTX's rather quickly. That surprised me, but I was happy that it happened (both selling out and the quick rerelease).

                  Randy

                  Joe DAmato <shipsure2003@...> wrote:
                  Malcom,

                  I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
                  problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not the
                  case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale that
                  once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you how
                  many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
                  they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
                  estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
                  production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
                  the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
                  song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
                  trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
                  building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
                  wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
                  ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
                  prudent.

                  Two points:

                  1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.

                  2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.

                  Sorry for the heat.

                  Joe
                  MTL

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                    Randy,

                    I missed your question.
                    The CN is the CN Mineral Red double door with Green doors. The logo
                    is the "Wet Noodle" style.

                    Anthony
                    http://www.zscalemonster.com/
                    <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

                    > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
                    did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

                    > I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the
                    older transition era scheme?

                    > Randy Smidt
                  • de Champeaux Dominique
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                      > True, some
                      > things we under
                      > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the
                      > side of excess
                      > production.

                      Mmh..Joe, that's sad, because a few years ago, when
                      you still had the modern 50' boxcar mold, I tried to
                      pass an order of 40 of these wearing the BN
                      paintscheme, via my local dealer....What a mistake!
                      Apparently my dealer failed to send you the order, or
                      maybe it was lost at MTL headquarters, but anyway I
                      didn't ever receive my order!

                      So if one of these days MTL plans to remanufacture
                      these molds, I'm still your customer for these!

                      Dominique

                    • Joe DAmato
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                        Randy,

                        I'm trying to get releases posed before the first of the month,
                        hopefully something will come of it.

                        Joe

                        Service.

                      • randy smidt
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                          Thanks, that's the one I was hoping for. Of course, now I have to go back and adjust my budget. ;-)

                          Randy