MTL February releases

  • loren snyder
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi Joel,

      When I saw the new flyer from MTL I thought of you since I believe you
      like CN. If you email me I can send you pictures, (though lousy) from
      MTL's new flyer.
      Loren
    • Malcolm Cleaveland
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
        Zeds,

        Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not posted the
        February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members indicates that
        the February flyer has been received by some people. What's wrong with
        this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases immediately,
        so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer should go
        out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in a timely
        fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot justify a
        standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to the well
        known American business philosophy, "The customer is always wrong" (taught
        in the Enron school of business).

        CheerZ,
        --Malcolm Z
      • Don
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
          Give 'em a break. It is only 7:18 am THEIR time based on your message
          of 10:18 am EST. To them they are still in the sack and Feb 1 isn't
          quite here yet.

          Don

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
            Malcom,

            I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
            problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not the
            case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale that
            once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you how
            many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
            they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
            estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
            production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
            the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
            song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
            trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
            building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
            wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
            ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
            prudent.

            Two points:

            1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.

            2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.

            Sorry for the heat.

            Joe
            MTL

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>
            wrote:

            > Zeds,
            >
            > Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not
            posted the
            > February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members indicates
            that
            > the February flyer has been received by some people. What's wrong
            with
            > this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases
            immediately,
            > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
            should go
            > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in a
            timely
            > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
            justify a
            > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to the
            well
            > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always wrong"
            (taught
            > in the Enron school of business).
            >
            > CheerZ,
            > --Malcolm Z

          • Adam Amick
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
              Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?

              Thanks,
              Adam

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <ljsnyder@c...> wrote:

              > Hi Joel,
              >
              > When I saw the new flyer from MTL I thought of you since I believe
              you
              > like CN. If you email me I can send you pictures, (though lousy)
              from
              > MTL's new flyer.
              > Loren

            • sgt_tim7
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                Smokey Bear GP35
                FEC Gunderson Husky
                GN 40' boxcar
                CN 40' boxcar

                Tim

              • www.zscalemonster.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                  You can see the February releases on http://www.zscalemonster.com/ .
                  I don't have the best pictures but there are some for now.

                  Anthony
                  http://www.zscalemonster.com/
                  <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

                  "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:

                  > Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Adam
                • randy smidt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                    Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

                    I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the older transition era scheme?

                    Randy Smidt

                    "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:

                    > Uh, so what were the releases for Feb?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Adam

                    G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                      Randy,

                      It is possible that the pictures have not propagated through the
                      local servers in your area. You can also try refreshing your window,
                      when the page is open. A push of the F5 button usually fixes the
                      problem.

                      Let me know.
                      Anthony
                      http://www.zscalemonster.com/
                      <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

                      > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
                      did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

                      > I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the
                      older transition era scheme?

                      > Randy Smidt
                    • randy smidt
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                        Joe, Didn't the first releases of the Husky Stacks sell out with in a couple of days. As you said though, MTL did rerelease the TTX's rather quickly. That surprised me, but I was happy that it happened (both selling out and the quick rerelease).

                        Randy

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                          Randy,

                          I missed your question.
                          The CN is the CN Mineral Red double door with Green doors. The logo
                          is the "Wet Noodle" style.

                          Anthony
                          http://www.zscalemonster.com/
                          <http://www.zscalemonster.com/>

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

                          > Anthony, I didn't see ANY photos yet for the new releases, but
                          did see listings with "Picture Not yet available".

                          > I am curious if the CN scheme is the more modern scheme or the
                          older transition era scheme?

                          > Randy Smidt
                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                            > True, some
                            > things we under
                            > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the
                            > side of excess
                            > production.

                            Mmh..Joe, that's sad, because a few years ago, when
                            you still had the modern 50' boxcar mold, I tried to
                            pass an order of 40 of these wearing the BN
                            paintscheme, via my local dealer....What a mistake!
                            Apparently my dealer failed to send you the order, or
                            maybe it was lost at MTL headquarters, but anyway I
                            didn't ever receive my order!

                            So if one of these days MTL plans to remanufacture
                            these molds, I'm still your customer for these!

                            Dominique

                          • Joe DAmato
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                              Randy,

                              I'm trying to get releases posed before the first of the month,
                              hopefully something will come of it.

                              Joe

                              Service.

                            • randy smidt
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 1, 2006
                                Thanks, that's the one I was hoping for. Of course, now I have to go back and adjust my budget. ;-)

                                Randy