Fwd: RE: [Z_Scale] March '06 Model Railroader - something's missing

  • de Champeaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, de Champeaux Dominique
      <ddechamp71@y...> wrote:

      --- randy smidt <randy@s...> a écrit :

      > Come on guys, I'm not the biggest MR fan in the
      > world myself, but they HAVE been showing more Z
      > scale in the last year or so. I've seen new product
      > announcements at least 6 times, including
      > Micro-Track, the GG-1, GP35 and the AZL Cab Forward
      > (expensive brass) and F59PHI among other items.
      > They may only show new product (not repaints) and
      > their lead time for publishing takes longer than
      > what we see on the internet. We may see something
      > in the coming months. I'm sure the SD70M's and
      > CoalPorters will be in there, but they won't be
      > released until March (which would be the April issue
      > of MR?).
      >
      > Randy Smidt

      BTW, although I was a little bit "sarcastic" in my
      magazine. I like it otherwise I should not subscribe
      to it, but I only mean one should not rely on it in
      order to be aware of breaking news about Z scale. To
      myself, it's interrest is rather for tips about all
      that matches modelrailroading in general: example,
      trackwork, weathering, track plans, wiring, DCC,
      etc...But I don't hold my breath on any topic about Z
      scale new stuff, because this magazine only matches
      what its customer base expects. And their customer
      base is mainly HO and N. I think even S scalers should
      argue against the lack of their newbies in this
      magazine's columns.

      But I also believe there are some guys in MR who still
      consider Z as a novelty. Let's stay tuned.

      For the breaking news, I prefer Ztrack or our group
      <wink>!

      As a conclusion, I don't read many issues of the few
      french modelrailroading magazines as they are 99,9%
      turned towards european railroads (above all french) that have not a
      great
      appeal to me, but I can affirm Z scale is mostly
      absent of them. Though Germany and its 15 %
      modelrailroaders who are Z scalers is not far.

      Dominique

      ______
      Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les
      tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        I also subscribe not for Z news, but for the articles on other model related themes.
        One thing I have noticed is the full page ad for S scale things. It looks like a bunch of S scale
        manufacturers have gotten together and pooled their advertising to get a bigger splash. I have no
        idea if is would work for the Z scale community but it might be worth thinking about. Don't know
        if there would be any legal (conspiracy, collusion) implications.
        just my $.02 worth.
        Ed Scullin

        SNIP

        And their customer
        > base is mainly HO and N. I think even S scalers should
        > argue against the lack of their newbies in this
        > magazine's columns.

        SNIP
      • randy smidt
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
          Interesting idea ED. Would definitely get more attention that way.

          I think it would only be considered conspiracy if they were conspiring to do something illegal. All advertising on the same page wouldn't be illegal, just smart.

          Randy

          Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:
          I also subscribe not for Z news, but for the articles on other model related themes.
          One thing I have noticed is the full page ad for S scale things. It looks like a bunch of S scale
          manufacturers have gotten together and pooled their advertising to get a bigger splash. I have no
          idea if is would work for the Z scale community but it might be worth thinking about. Don't know
          if there would be any legal (conspiracy, collusion) implications.
          just my $.02 worth.
          Ed Scullin

          SNIP

          And their customer
          > base is mainly HO and N. I think even S scalers should
          > argue against the lack of their newbies in this
          > magazine's columns.

          SNIP