FR's announcement of new Zm products!

  • FR.model@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@...> schrieb:
      > Harald, when will you be releasing the new products in Zm that you
      > have been working on? Myself and a few others are patiently waiting!
      > Thanks
      >
      > Tim

      Tim and the few others,

      patiently waiting is not the right way to get things moved.
      What I can do is announce interesting items and hope customers
      reply with preorders. No manufacturer can produce very special
      Zm items in advance and hope to get them sold.
      It is not my concern to do a personal favour for a hand ful Zm-guys.
      I'm responsable to keep my three employees in work. With the currently
      demand for Zm-locomotives this is not possible. These projects are not
      canceled but I don't force them with highest priority. This situation
      will change immediately when inquiries increase.

      Our Zm kit items we have in stock constantly. So if anyone is honestly
      interested in starting with Swiss Zm I see really no obstacle. And finally
      providing a Zm-locomotive isn't the big problem.

      There is a small but hard core of Zm-inthusiasts in Germany. They make terrific
      locomotives such as the Ge6/6 crocodile and the Ge4/4 and they also help newcomers
      to get started with Zm. Did you already visit www.zm-schmalspur.de ?

      If anyone is interested in starting with Zm he should know that this is not
      as easy like running a Marklin starter set at $100.00 . There is much precission
      model craftsmanship needed to see the first train running. But the result is
      a pleasure!

      When I demonstrated operating Zm in the States in Seattle 2004 the crowd was
      really amazed and excited. But my company does not survive from exciting freaks.
      We must sell our products. Presently we are very busy with uncle Will's orders
      of American style models such as hoppers, grainers, woodchippers and the AMTRAK
      F40PH. But we would love to continue our Zm-production too.
      In Geseke/Germany Karl-Friedrich Ahnert will show his wonderful RhB Zm-empire
      and hopefully we see the Glacier-Express running at 4.5mm gauge as well as some
      other surprises.

      Harald