RE: [Z_Scale] Off Topic.So who knows someone who works at BLW( Brooklyn Locomotive Works)

  • Larry Donsbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      On checking the BLW site, the cars in question are N-scale and available
      only thru BLW.

      I don't know for sure but I don't think BLW does international
      shipments. That would be the only reason for US only.

      I don't think that trans shipping of an order is out of the question.

      Larry D
      San Antonio, TX

    • Michael Hilliard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hi Joel,

        I can only speculate that they don't want to be bothered filling out a customs form, thats the main differance. Hope this helps,

        Michael Hilliard

        omg_joel <omg_joel@...> wrote:
        In the website , it says "available to USA only. I don't want anything political started over this, but if a Canadian sends a money order to a US company, in US funds, why would they not ship to a Canadian address. Are there two types of mail delivery systems in the US, one for US Mail only and one for Foreign deliveries, the latter being too far away to drop into a box? I am in a small business, and if someone wanted something from me and I was able to make the same margin, I'd do it. What's up with this company anyway.

        I vented now and feel way better. AHHHHHHHHH. Happy new year everybody

        Regards , Joel

        G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

      • Robert Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
          Michael Hilliard wrote:
          >I can only speculate that they don't want to be bothered filling out
          a customs form, thats the main differance.

          I speculate the same thing. Until you have been through the customs
          forms thing several times a week, after standing in line, you could
          never understand the grief. And then there is the customers who
          complain 3 weeks later that they still don't have their stuff, so you
          send them more, just to have them say by the 4th week, that it
          arrived, but customs tore up the packages. Bah! Let someone else do
          that kind of selling. :)