[Z_Scale] Re: AZL new Engines - MT stand up!

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi all, like everybody I'm very pleased with the GP7/9
      announcement. As I'm turned towards modern era I don't
      think I will purchase more than one of them (unpainted
      if possible) in order to have a switcher on a spur,
      but it's not the problem here.

      I mean, what I'm fearing, is that a fierce competition
      between AZL and MTL should be damageable for all.

      When you have a competition between Athearn, Kato and
      Life-Like in HO scale, it's not a problem: the market
      is wide enough to absorb each manufacturer's
      production.

      In our small scale wich is still characterized with a
      small market, it's not the same. Myself I thought
      there was a "gentleman agreement" between AZL and MTL,
      to run on different parts of the market (indeed I
      believed 6-axle power for AZL - except the F59PHI -
      and 4-axle power for MTL). I discover it's not the
      case. My fear is that for example MTL launched the
      GP35 considering to release subsequent models,
      including the GP7/9, using the same chassis. So this
      will change the data for market studies. And maybe in
      the future they wil be more reluctant to develop
      tooling for new motive power. And the same for AZL as
      maybe they won't consider working on a given model,
      fearing MTL does the same.

      Maybe I'm a little bit pessimistic, but as I love both
      AZL and MTL products, I should not like to see them
      falling on the ring after a double KO.

      Happy new year to all,

      Dominique, stinkin' cheese eater from France

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 10, 2006
        --- Daniel Baechtold <daniel.baechtold@...> a
        écrit :

        > Dominique
        >
        > I know this problem, I had it with my f59phi
        > (without wheel -regauging). I solved it with
        > adjusting the power pickup metal strips from the
        > trucks to the chassis. just bend them up on the side
        > where the loco leans over.
        >
        > hope this works! best wishes, daniel

        Thanks Daniel. Indeed Rob K. gave me some tips to take
        this beauty appart, and I think it'll be the best way
        to find what my problem is and to solve it.
        All the best,
        Dominique

        http://fr.answers.yahoo.com