Re: Z Decals: What paper are you using?

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
      I tried the heat thing with my MD5000, as I heard you tell it once,
      and it did not print very well. My MD5000 prints alot better cold.
      Don't ask me why! Just does! But, I did try heat as you do.

      Tim

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@s...> wrote:

      > zbendtrack wrote:
      > >what decal papers are you folks using that look so sharp in the
      photos?

      > I use BEL decal paper. I also preheat my printer and ink ribbons,
      then
      > heat the paper just before the print. Alps MD-1000.

    • Robert Ray
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
        sgt_tim7 wrote:

        > I tried the heat thing with my MD5000, as I heard you tell it once,
        > and it did not print very well. My MD5000 prints alot better cold.
        > Don't ask me why! Just does! But, I did try heat as you do.

        If I don't heat everything up first, the finest lines and lettering
        will lift off the paper when I am painting on the liquid decal film,
        or when printing multiple passes.

        -Robert