Flashback to 1934, Happy New Year!!!

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      Happy New Year! I know this is rather off topic, but I thought I
      might bring a Zmall part of history to our group. I've uploaded 2
      scans to the choochooterrain photo album of this group. They are
      from the vol. 1, no. 1 Jan. 1934 edition of Model Railroader
      magazine. I think this gives a good perspective to the Z comunity
      considering there was no Z or N at that time. We discuss coreless
      motors ver. Iron core motors, back then they were discusing rubber
      veres aspestos wire insulation (got your ears on Bill K., Glen C.,
      etc. our electronic engineers of Z). Times have changed.

      For those copyright conserned, the magazine says clearly that this
      may be used for non-commecial perposes if credit is given, I give
      credit to Model Railroader Magazine, W.K. Walthers and A.C.
      Kalmbach, publisher. and a long ago time before Z was to be.

      Happy New Year, I hope this relates to Z by bringing a little
      history of the hobby from the past and thinking about where Z gauge
      is today. These images may not be reproduced and will be history
      again in a couple dayz (deleted).

      Michael Hilliard
      Wilton, CT USA